Feedback on my forum guidelines

Alternadiv

I’ve read a lot of “rules” threads on other forums and I generally feel they cover too much and are too stern, if that makes sense.

I have my own interpretation of this and I’d like to hear what your impression of it is, and also let you guys ideas from it if you want to.

The thread: https://tacoma3g.com/rules/#post-41386

Anyone think I missed something or should rewrite anything? Would you consider using this style on your own forum?

Forum rules generally need to be more or less detailed and strict depending on the membership.

Yours looks good to me for a forum without a lot of rabble and trolls. :)

I like it, esp. having the About, Mission, and Rules on a single page. I've given my Council (mods and other admins) the link and asked them to have a boo. Our "About" and "Code of Conduct" are done as pages rather than posts but could still be combined like this. We'd have to shorten the Code, I think, since ours is one of those long, detailed ones you talk about even though the board is fairly small. Thanks for posting.

I like it, esp. having the About, Mission, and Rules on a single page. I've given my Council (mods and other admins) the link and asked them to have a boo. Our "About" and "Code of Conduct" are done as pages rather than posts but could still be combined like this. We'd have to shorten the Code, I think, since ours is one of those long, detailed ones you talk about even though the board is fairly small. Thanks for posting.
Awesome, glad I could inspire! Thank you.

I’ve read a lot of “rules” threads on other forums and I generally feel they cover too much and are too stern, if that makes sense.

I have my own interpretation of this and I’d like to hear what your impression of it is, and also let you guys ideas from it if you want to.

The thread: https://tacoma3g.com/rules/#post-41386

Anyone think I missed something or should rewrite anything? Would you consider using this style on your own forum?
My only comment is that sometimes searching for a topic can be very productive. I try to remember to do that here. You discourage reminders to do searches, but sometimes a link to a source can be helpful. Discouraging to new people, yes, to just tell them to do a search. I don't know the answer. I bet there's a policy about it here. I'll have to search for it. Wink.

My only comment is that sometimes searching for a topic can be very productive. I try to remember to do that here. You discourage reminders to do searches, but sometimes a link to a source can be helpful. Discouraging to new people, yes, to just tell them to do a search. I don't know the answer. I bet there's a policy about it here. I'll have to search for it. Wink.
Well I don’t discourage the user to do the search, only the the person replying to the thread to not blatantly answer that they should’ve searched. I actually mentioned at the end that they should add that tidbit as long as they otherwise answered the question to the best of their ability.

Thank you for your feedback!

Well I don’t discourage the user to do the search, only the the person replying to the thread to not blatantly answer that they should’ve searched. I actually mentioned at the end that they should add that tidbit as long as they otherwise answered the question to the best of their ability.

Thank you for your feedback!
Right. Sometimes I need a reminder to do a search, is my point (not stated very well), so I don't mind the reminder. Hah.

Top Bottom