Lack of interest Error Log Enhancements

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I was just thinking about this earlier today when I opened our log.

I was faced with several hundred "ErrorException: hCaptcha configuration error: sitekey-secret-mismatch" messages.

I can see what they are - they are caused by spammers trying to post on the contact form. There are also other similar frequent messages such as the timeout on notifications which I know I can safely ignore ... to me these can be treated as warnings and not "errors" per se. Whilst its worth monitoring, I really don't want to clear all of these every time I check the log.

The problem is that "real" errors can easily be masked in the log when you have hundreds of "warning" messages, and clearing the entire log loses them forever.

I was just thinking about this earlier today when I opened our log.

I was faced with several hundred "ErrorException: hCaptcha configuration error: sitekey-secret-mismatch" messages.

I can see what they are - they are caused by spammers trying to post on the contact form. There are also other similar frequent messages such as the timeout on notifications which I know I can safely ignore ... to me these can be treated as warnings and not "errors" per se. Whilst its worth monitoring, I really don't want to clear all of these every time I check the log.

The problem is that "real" errors can easily be masked in the log when you have hundreds of "warning" messages, and clearing the entire log loses them forever.

Exactly this. When we are developing our custom functionality, we like to review the error logs to create tickets on things to fix.

I have a feeling we will create an add-on for this since we need it pretty quickly.

Top Bottom