Fixed Error importing from Vb 4.x.x to XF 1.5

todobetas

Hi, Im Importing from Vbulletin 4.x to XF 1.5. All is good till when I try to import forums, Im geting this error:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xED enco...' for column 'link_url' at row 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1638
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1627
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1419
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 617
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1300
  9. XenForo_Model_Import->importLinkForum() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1992
  10. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importForumTree() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1955
  11. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepForums() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 124
  12. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 189
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 241
  14. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 184
  15. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  16. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  17. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/expertoinformatico.com/fansite.es/admin.php at line 13

Any idea?

Thanks for your time.

Technically I think this may be a bug in our importer, but it does look like invalid data in one of your link/redirect forums. It doesn't look like it has a totally valid URL.

Im Thinking to import from my Vb 4.x to SMF and then import from that SMF to a XF 1.5. May work unless some one have any other idea, I'm stuck on it.

May be I can wait till XF 2.0 importer or I can try older version of XF to use older Importer.

Any tips?

Thanks

It would be a shame to have to go to the trouble of a double import.

The simple solution is to fix the invalid link forum URL you have in vBulletin before re-attempting the import.

If you cannot locate the problematic one then you could edit the Importer file and try again. Edit library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php and find:
PHP:
$import['link_url'] = $forum['link'];
And replace with:
PHP:
$import['link_url'] = $this->_convertToUtf8($forum['link']);
That should attempt to convert the invalid link to the correct character set. We've applied that to the vBulletin and other importers for the next release.

Top Bottom