[DigitalPoint] App for Cloudflare®

[DigitalPoint] App for Cloudflare® 1.8.2

No permission to download
Hmmm… Strange because uninstalling the addon really shouldn’t do anything in that scenario (the settings are set on Cloudflare, not locally on your server). So uninstalling the addon should only remove your ability to change setting on your Cloudflare account (it won’t revert any Cloudflare settings you set).

That being said, do you have a specific reason you are changing your Cloudflare encryption settings? It’s not uncommon for changing those to end up putting your site in a redirection loop since the encryption state for the user and your server are different (if your server is setup to redirect http to https, it can be a problem for example.

If I change to anything then Flexable it redirects me to that site which when i just looked at intodns it shows that the site is hosted on the shared server I am on also. So I think it something to do with my hosting.

If I change to anything then Flexable it redirects me to that site which when i just looked at intodns it shows that the site is hosted on the shared server I am on also. So I think it something to do with my hosting.
Yep… sounds like your web server is not configured to serve your site as an https site (which is needed if you want to use Full Encryption). Either way, uninstalling the addon isn’t going to change that one way or another, so not sure how that was able to fix anything for you.

FWIW, this is the info about each mode (just copy/pasted from Cloudflare's site). Going from Flexible to Full means your web server needs to be configured to serve HTTPS on it's side, where Flexible allows the user to be encrypted between them and Cloudflare, but the origin connection between Cloudflare and your web server isn't required to be HTTPS (so the user sees it as encrypted, but somewhere along the network path on the Internet, it's not).

Off: No visitors will be able to view your site over HTTPS; they will be redirected to HTTP.

Flexible SSL: You cannot configure HTTPS support on your origin, even with a certificate that is not valid for your site. Visitors will be able to access your site over HTTPS, but connections to your origin will be made over HTTP. Note: You may encounter a redirect loop with some origin configurations.

Full SSL: Your origin supports HTTPS, but the certificate installed does not match your domain or is self-signed. Cloudflare will connect to your origin over HTTPS, but will not validate the certificate.

Full (strict): Your origin has a valid certificate (not expired and signed by a trusted CA or Cloudflare Origin CA) installed. Cloudflare will connect over HTTPS and verify the cert on each request.

From what you've mentioned, it just sounds like the web server isn't configured for HTTPS and you ended up at a different site because that's probably the first/default site that works under HTTPS as the web server is configured.

FWIW, this is the info about each mode (just copy/pasted from Cloudflare's site). Going from Flexible to Full means your web server needs to be configured to serve HTTPS on it's side, where Flexible allows the user to be encrypted between them and Cloudflare, but the origin connection between Cloudflare and your web server isn't required to be HTTPS (so the user sees it as encrypted, but somewhere along the network path on the Internet, it's not).

From what you've mentioned, it just sounds like the web server isn't configured for HTTPS and you ended up at a different site because that's probably the first/default site that works under HTTPS as the web server is configured.
Your prob right, I need to go back and check the settings in the cpanel SSL due to me having it set up prior to using Cloudflare. The web host also offers letsencrypt or did.

Top Bottom