MG 2.1 Delete albums of deleted members?

AnjaC

Hi there,

our user database is nearly 16 years old and we have a lot of inactive members.

So i want to delete all members who are inactice since 2 years. How to do that is no problem. But how can i delete - and we have to do that because of the GDPR - all albums of the deleted users?

Thanks for support!

Greetings
Klaus

and we have to do that because of the GDPR
You don't have to delete any user generated content. Provided your terms of service are clear on that point, users have given you consent and control over their content when they generated it on your site. The right to be forgotten entails personal data, such as email, location, birthday, etc., which is automatically deleted along with the user in question.

Moreover, you don't have to purge any users or content just because the users haven't been active for a long period of time. None of the major platforms have taken any actions to delete old user generated content just because the GDPR was taken into effect. Facebook is still riddled with accounts of inactive or even dead people, along with their photos, etc.

Thanks, that was for what i was looking for. And i think your are right!

You don't have to delete any user generated content. Provided your terms of service are clear on that point, users have given you consent and control over their content when they generated it on your site. The right to be forgotten entails personal data, such as email, location, birthday, etc., which is automatically deleted along with the user in question.

Moreover, you don't have to purge any users or content just because the users haven't been active for a long period of time. None of the major platforms have taken any actions to delete old user generated content just because the GDPR was taken into effect. Facebook is still riddled with accounts of inactive or even dead people, along with their photos, etc.

Top Bottom