[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

Hi Waindigo,

I can't find the option to attach a field definition to an add-on anymore. Actually, the "Advanced" tab is empty when I try to edit a field. This is odd, I can't remember exactly following wich update this occured. Is this a bug you are able to reproduce?
Nope, can't reproduce this one. What appears under the other tabs?

The other tabs are OK.

I disabled all other addons, reinstalled CustomFields with the version available up here. same issue.

I looked through the XML file, and it seems that admin template 'thread_field_edit' does not include the 'waindigo_thread_fields_edit_panes_customfields' template anywhere.
I tried to add
PHP:
<xen:include template="waindigo_thread_field_edit_panes_customfields" />
after last <li> tag. It seemed to fix the problem. Unless you manage your templates differently, this could be the cause of the issue.

The other tabs are OK.

I disabled all other addons, reinstalled CustomFields with the version available up here. same issue.

I looked through the XML file, and it seems that admin template 'thread_field_edit' does not include the 'waindigo_thread_fields_edit_panes_customfields' template anywhere.
I tried to add
PHP:
<xen:include template="waindigo_thread_field_edit_panes_customfields" />
after last <li> tag. It seemed to fix the problem. Unless you manage your templates differently, this could be the cause of the issue.
It is included in TemplatePostRender.php, but I've noticed the bug, which I had already fixed (hence I couldn't replicate).
You need to edit waindigo_thread_field_edit_panes_customfields and replace:
HTML:
<ul id="userFieldPanes">
with
HTML:
<ul id="threadFieldPanes">
An updated version will be released in the next few days.

If I have a drop down or radio field and use {$customFields.dropdown} it is displaying the Value instead of the Text field. How to display the text field that was selected?

example: In the footer it shows "3". I would like it to output "test3" or whatever they selected.

dd.webp
d.webp

Hi there,

Is there a way to get the custom fields above the post box when a user creates a new thread? Currently it sits below it and I would like it to sit above it. I can't seem to find the template to move it above.

Thanks.

After you uninstall the library, then try to uninstall this modification, this error appears in ADMINCP when trying to uninstall Custom Fields.

Server Error

Table 'thethleg_xen.xf_library' doesn't exist
  1. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->describeTable() in Waindigo/Install/20121008.php at line 402
  2. Waindigo_Install->_dropTableChanges() in Waindigo/Install/20121008.php at line 142
  3. Waindigo_Install->_uninstall() in Waindigo/Install/20121008.php at line 79
  4. Waindigo_Install::uninstall() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 193
  5. XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1738
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 116
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Sorry if this has been touched...

Fresh install of the plugin, I click "Custom User Field", worked fine, I went to go import a plugin and right as I hit submit I get this:

A controller for the route path thread-fields/add was not found.

I reuploaded the files for the custom user field mod, error was gone, imported the star rating worked, clicked custom user field and get this again:

A controller for the route path thread-fields/add was not found.

Any ideas?

Went to the store came back it's fixed :) not sure but thanks

Sorry :(

I need to edit my templates directly... and it doesn't seem like the conditionals are working to insert the custom fields.

{$customFields.ratingintro} - is a mult line

Is there a different way of inserting this into a TEMPLATE? I find the Header area you provided to be VERY limited in this mods capabilities. I'm hoping I can edit my templates directly and use these fields or this mod is a bust for me :(

Sorry :(

I need to edit my templates directly... and it doesn't seem like the conditionals are working to insert the custom fields.

{$customFields.ratingintro} - is a mult line

Is there a different way of inserting this into a TEMPLATE? I find the Header area you provided to be VERY limited in this mods capabilities. I'm hoping I can edit my templates directly and use these fields or this mod is a bust for me :(
Firstly, this is an actual template... you should be able to find it in your list of templates. There will be 4 for each node:
  1. _header_node.X
  2. _header_post_node.X
  3. _footer_node.X
  4. _footer_post_node.X
I'm not sure why that isn't working for a multi-line text area. Sure it isn't supposed to be something like {$customFields.ratingIntro} or {$customFields.rating_intro}? If you need more help, please drop me a PM with details so that I can access your site as an admin and take a look.

I ended getting it to work finally through the header template, I was trying to over-complicate things. Just want to say thanks :), we'll try to get a donation to you, this has turned out better than we imagined. We setup a little review submission system with this addon and the star rating:

review1.webp

review2.webp

The only thing I'd like to do is show the star rating inside the thread_list_item template, is that possible?

I ended getting it to work finally through the header template, I was trying to over-complicate things. Just want to say thanks :), we'll try to get a donation to you, this has turned out better than we imagined. We setup a little review submission system with this addon and the star rating
That looks fantastic and is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping to see people use it for. Thanks for sharing it.

The only thing I'd like to do is show the star rating inside the thread_list_item template, is that possible?
That's definitely something that I'd like to add. Not sure if anyone has contributed to that yet, but there are lots of other features in the pipeline too.

I ended getting it to work finally through the header template, I was trying to over-complicate things. Just want to say thanks :), we'll try to get a donation to you, this has turned out better than we imagined. We setup a little review submission system with this addon and the star rating:

View attachment 36162

View attachment 36163

Looks quite brilliant. If I may, I'd suggest using Waindigo's Library add-on for even better multipage articles.

Do you mind me asking how you altered the thread creation page?

I wanted a custom field to show just below where you input the thread title.

Also, Is it possible to make a field required?

Do you mind me asking how you altered the thread creation page?

I wanted a custom field to show just below where you input the thread title.
This will be coming in the next version. Not sure how Russ did it.

Also, Is it possible to make a field required?
Yes. You can do this under the Thread/Post Fields tab when you are editing the node of the forum where you want the field.

Actually just used a conditional inside thread_create like:

<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} !== 74">
regular thread create
<xen:else />
custom thread create removing poll/open/stick options rearranging the hook area to go below the title to allow:

Title -> Custom Fields -> Regular text editor
</xen:if>

It's a bit limited since users still have to type something into the editor(until I figure it out otherwise) but it works :)

Top Bottom