CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Hehe, just kidding @Martok :D

I stumbled on it by accident and was surprised no-one else had mentioned it.
I could probably have got away without even mentioning it :whistle:

Hehe, just kidding @Martok :D

I stumbled on it by accident and was surprised no-one else had mentioned it.
I could probably have got away without even mentioning it :whistle:
I know you were kidding. :D

Out of interest, was it a new bug or a re-occurrence of a previous one? I'm just curious after previous testing and the myriad of threads with swearing all over my test site. :LOL:

Updated this morning without any problem but then got this error a few minutes ago:
Code:
Server Error Log

Error Info

ErrorException: Undefined index: enabled - library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:277
Generated By: Unknown Account, 12 minutes ago

Stack Trace

#0 /home/adminx/public_html/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(277): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/adminx/pu...', 277, Array)
#1 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionFeatured()
#2 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/adminx/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(46) "https://adminextra.com/threads/featured?page=0"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["page"] => string(1) "0"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Updated this morning without any problem but then got this error a few minutes ago:
You need to enable the page option to update the cache as the option ID has changed.
You can disable it again if you don't use it.

If you see any more errors the same, you can just ignore them as it will be from those who are using a stale/outdated session.
The next time they refresh they will be using the updated code.

Yes, the data is available to use in the sidebar on the forum_list template.

Simply replicating the cta_featuredthreads_forum_list template though results in this:

upload_2014-3-29_15-28-37.webp

So you will need to create a custom template to take into account the narrow width.

I loved this update, I was looking for a feature where I could turn off featured thread pages. I installed the new update and turned it off.

I feel like I could control where it's displayed, and which page it's displayed on, etc. Nice update @Brogan!

It's now live on CODForums.com :D

The option to disable the page has been possible since the page was added in 1.4, several updates ago.

11-options-png.65513

The option to disable the page has been possible since the page was added in 1.4, several updates ago.
Yeah, but not the way the new update made it. Prominent. y'know? Anyhow, the control seems to be in better shape this time than before. Which is why I'm excited. :D

EDIT: I didn't see that image before, and I didn't see the option before. Hm. Maybe I was sleepy that night I installed it. :(

11-options-png.65513
My ACP options page for Featured Threads v2.1.0 doesn't look like this. For example. 'Forum View Featured Threads' has some indented sub-items radio buttons, and 'Forum List Featured Threads' appears below 'Forum View Featured Threads'. Are you showing a newer version here that we don't yet have, or do I have somethign different occurring?

Thanks.

Not sure why ,do not see an option, I don't have views and likes on the featured thread on forum home. Also- any way to move the "featured" icon over to the left next to the thread title? It covers some images I'm have there.
image.webp

image.webp

Go through the options and style properties and set them up.

The "featured icon" you have on the block is non-standard so I don't know how you have added it.

Not sure why ,do not see an option, I don't have views and likes on the featured thread on forum home. Also- any way to move the "featured" icon over to the left next to the thread title? It covers some images I'm have there.
View attachment 70654

View attachment 70653
There are style properties for this ACP > Appearance > Style Properties. See three separate sections for CTA Featured Threads. Note that CTA Featured Threads Blocks will allow you to add the likes, views etc for blocks in the forums whilst CTA Featured Threads Page separately controls the likes, views etc and appearance for the blocks on the Featured Threads page. So basically go through all of the options available and customise to suit.

Top Bottom