[TH] Conversation Search [Deleted]

For future reference, it is better to post the actual question rather than just a link so that it is more helpful to other users...

I'm not sure if the load would increase significantly with them. If so, I may have to leave it.
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/conversations-access-by-waindigo.2357/
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/conversation-search-by-waindigo.1721/
both together, good idea or bad (load too high or something)
These add-ons are designed to work together, as it says in the description for this add-on.

The XenForo search is built to handle high volumes of data, although it is expected that conversation searches would increase the volume of search data significantly. If your search queries are struggling at present, then I wouldn't recommend installing this add-on. Otherwise, if you have the storage capacity on your server (for your database) then it should be fine. If your server can handle it, you may want to take a look at the official XenForo Enhanced Search add-on available here.

We are not talking about adding a high load to every page though or anything like that. I would expect that search queries are relatively uncommon and users are generally willing to accept a small amount of loading time on a search query.

If you do find the load too high, you can always uninstall.

Is there any significant downside to adding a lot of search data to the search index as outlined on the add-on instructions page? And if I was to uninstall the add-on and then rebuild the search index will that remove all the conversation data from the index?

Is there any significant downside to adding a lot of search data to the search index as outlined on the add-on instructions page?
It is potentially going to slow down your searches if you have a big search index. Also, might take up a lot of space on your server. If you have a good enough server to cope with this though, then there is no reason it should be a problem.

And if I was to uninstall the add-on and then rebuild the search index will that remove all the conversation data from the index?
Very good question. I don't think it does at the moment. I will check and update if necessary.

Hi, I just thought I would report a conflict between mods here @Waindigo @Daniel Hood

Not sure what's happening exactly but hopefully possible to use both?

The following error occurred:
Declaration of ConvEss_Model_Conversation::getConversationsByIds() should be compatible with that of Waindigo_ConvSearch_Extend_XenForo_Model_Conversation::getConversationsByIds()
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  2. XenForo_Autoloader::autoload() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  3. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1011
  4. XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 521
  5. XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/Model.php at line 189
  6. XenForo_Model::create() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 101
  7. XenForo_Controller->getModelFromCache() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 1489
  8. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->_getConversationModel() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 145
  9. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionPopup() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/coredomain/httpdocs/index.php at line 13

@Waindigo and @Daniel Hood - both Conversation Essentials and Conversation Search show conversation posts in the "Postings" section of a user's own profile which is OK. When using both however - they both show conversation posts so there's duplication of each conversation message. Is there way to fix this?

@Waindigo and @Daniel Hood - both Conversation Essentials and Conversation Search show conversation posts in the "Postings" section of a user's own profile which is OK. When using both however - they both show conversation posts so there's duplication of each conversation message. Is there way to fix this?

Disable the search handler of one of them. I'll probably make searching conversations an option of Conversation Essentials in the near future to avoid conflicts like this.

No, that would cause fatal errors for every message creation. To do what I was saying, you'd have to delete a row from the database int he table content_type_field. Then clear the contentTypes cache from the data registry. I honestly wouldn't recommend doing it if you aren't very familiar with doing things like this already. I'll attempt to make the option to disable searching from my add on in the next couple of days. I had a new release for Conversation Essentials that I wanted to push out a few days ago anyways, just been really busy.

good job!
but its not search! no results for all words :( why?

and what about search form on the conversations page?

Top Bottom