Implemented Change blank page while installing addons/rebuilding templates.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'll post in in Resources as soon as I've time for it. ;)

This needs to be implemented in the core product, since it tampers with the _run function of FrontController and must look like a gruel hack for Mike. :)
Very good and thanks again for the share.
Obviously something similar should be part of the core product. I heard rumor somewhere that XF 1.2 is indeed being worked on - so hopefully it's included!

I'll post in in Resources as soon as I've time for it. ;)

This needs to be implemented in the core product, since it tampers with the _run function of FrontController and must look like a gruel hack for Mike. :)
I think I've found the way to use a code event, and thus make it into an addon. I do execrate core modifications too. ;)

XenForo fires a "front_controller_post_view" in XenForo_FrontController::_run() at line 170, passing &$content as an input you can modify in a listener :
PHP:
class MODM_Buoy_Buoy
{
	public static function frontControllerPostView(XenForo_FrontController $fc, &$output)
	{
		if ($output == '') {
			$output = '<body onload="self.location.href=\'/sorry.html\';"><h1>We are working for YOU!</h1><p>Please come back later.</p></body>' ;
		}

return $output;
	}
}

So, no core modification and Mike, I and everyone is happy! :D

Someone really needs to make this an add-on. (please)
Or XenForo development needs to make this a priority (preferred, please and thank you)

I tried doing that myself and maybe I'm doing something terribly wrong through a simple mistake that I'm overlooking.

But we really do need something other than a white page. With all the add-ons and skins we have.... It can take about 5 minutes for everything to rebuild. Even of local host test I find it takes long, so I can image how people visiting a site feel seeing a white page for that long.

Or XenForo development needs to make this a priority (preferred, please and thank you)

I tried doing that myself and maybe I'm doing something terribly wrong through a simple mistake that I'm overlooking.

But we really do need something other than a white page. With all the add-ons and skins we have.... It can take about 5 minutes for everything to rebuild. Even of local host test I find it takes long, so I can image how people visiting a site feel seeing a white page for that long.

It works without problems if you follow my directions above.
We use it since some weeks now.

I'll out it into ressources (try to create that addon ManOnDaMoon suggested) as soon as I have a little time for it.

http://www.rpdom.com/sorry.html

Works fine.

Top Bottom