Browser issue Brave browser (desktop) ... this link doesn't work (works fine in chrome)

Digital Doctor

Affected version

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/why-exactly-do-we-need-a-cookie-notice-for-third-party-cookies.217452/

rebooting the PC seems to solve some Brave browser issues like can't copy and paste highlighted text.

clicking the above link gives me this: (In Brave)

1714136277717.webp

fine in desktop chrome.

Probably something to do with the browser itself. Note the second point in your screenshot about browser extensions (though applies to additional built-in browser functionality too).

I guess it doesn't like the word "cookies" in the URL?

I guess it doesn't like the word "cookies" in the URL

(1) cookie in the title: (does not work)

(2) no cookie in the title ( both o's replaced with zeros) (Works)

looks like cookie in the title is the problem ....

except ...

(3) cookie in the title: but it works !

Well, either way, your browser is blocking those requests that are being blocked so providing these examples to their support will hopefully allow them to make improvements in the future.

I had a similar issue with Vivaldi few weeks ago when I had enabled a filter list which well was way too broad with what it blocked. Not sure if Brave lets you selectively disable specific filter lists.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/why-exactly-do-we-need-a-cookie-notice-for-third-party-cookies.217452/ is not loading for me on vivaldi. i do have some additional filter scripts enabled which i really should disable lol. it works if i disable the ad blocker on the domain. so this is definitely triggering one of the default block lists used by brave browser. they seem to use ublock default list plus a bunch of their own. this link loads on ublock for me on desktop so it is definitely being blocked by one of their own specific list. the link below might be worth checking out. no easy way to find out which might be doing it.

checked a bit more and the link seems to be blocked with this list:

disabling this makes the link work for me on vivaldi.

Last edited:
That makes sense. I use an ad blocker on my iPhone and it always blocks threads with words like Adsense and other ad related keywords in the title, and therefore the URL.

Unusually though, even if I disable the adblocker in safari settings for the XF domain, I still get the PWA page could not be loaded error.

It's the only type of site where disabling the ad blocker doesn't fix it. I presume it's some kind of caching issue, but never really been that fussed enough about it to properly troubleshoot it or report it.

Top Bottom