Resource icon

Book Reviews 1.0.1

No permission to download
Started working with this mod to review Car Manuals, I'm struggling to find where and how you add the book thumbnail ?

How to make this feature?
  1. member post book review
  2. and get 5 likes for this automaticly
Maybe someone know it...

That would be additional functionality.
And as far as I know - the book reviews add-on is no longer being developed. You'd likely need to hire someone to add such functionality for you.

Read back in the thread - someone is developing a new add-on to be released ???
You might request that such functionality be added to the new add-on ;)

HTH,

J.

How to make this feature?
  1. member post book review
  2. and get 5 likes for this automaticly
Maybe someone know it...

To have a like you need to have someone to like it, so for any implementation like this you would need to provide a list of 5 members who would automatically like the content. As far as I can tell (I don't know this add-on very well, since I didn't develop it) the likes system hasn't been implemented for this add-on, so that would be the bulk of the work. The automatic liking is just a few lines of code.

As Jacquii pointed out, this add-on is no longer being developed, so we wouldn't be looking to add the likes feature to this add-on, although any replacement add-on will likely have the likes feature.

(Edit: Lol. Didn't realise I'd used the word like so many times!)

That would be telling. Just imagine something like Custom Fields but 10x better and you would probably be close.

Will it have the Amazon API? Will we be able to review and sell other Amazon products besides books, like for example CDs or video games?

Will it have the Amazon API? Will we be able to review and sell other Amazon products besides books, like for example CDs or video games?
The add-on I am referring to here is a lot more generic, although it could be extended to have the Amazon API if someone paid for that.

For some reason my "Add New Review" tab has disappeared for this addon. Even with a fresh install the tab does not apear. Does anyone have a fix for this?

All the permission are set correctly and hasn't been touched since I added the first 2 books. I have all permissions set as admin but it's still telling me I don't have permission to view the page and the tab doesn't apear in the navigation bar.

Now seems like a great time to release a Reviews addon.
How about making a generic one ?

Like iPhone owners ..... Reviews people tend to pony up cash easily.
Time to get on a Reviews gravy train.
For the time being, all our efforts in this area will be on improving our Custom Fields by Waindigo add-on, which can (and has) already be used to create a good custom Reviews "add-on" using threads. We will be releasing an update to that add-on soon.

Make a great one and make it paid.
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't do paid add-ons. All my add-ons are released for free for non-commercial use.

I'm also quite busy right now training up two new XenForo developers and making a load of other add-ons, so don't really have the time anyway.

Perhaps now the lawsuit is over, Rob will come back and support this add-on!

Top Bottom