Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
You can set a low tag limit, effectively preventing people from tagging the whole group. It's not a good idea to prevent group tagging (while allow normal tagging) because people can still copy/paste the staff's user names if they want to.
Yeah that doesn't sound like a great way to circumvent the issue. A permission would be perfect. "Can group tag" - if yes, they can use the @UserGroup tagging if the group is taggable, if no, they can't. They can still tag normal users of course via their usernames and what not. You say people can still copy/paste staff usernames but I'm a bit confused, I don't really see what this has to do with a group tag permission? Sure people can copy and paste usernames but they can do this anyway as it is, regardless if group tagging is enabled or not, right? If so I'm not sure what difference it will make. Sorry if I'm missing something; just trying to understand. At any rate this isn't anything crucial, just figured others might find it useful. Thanks for considering it.

Yeah that doesn't sound like a great way to circumvent the issue. A permission would be perfect. "Can group tag" - if yes, they can use the @UserGroup tagging if the group is taggable, if no, they can't. They can still tag normal users of course via their usernames and what not. You say people can still copy/paste staff usernames but I'm a bit confused, I don't really see what this has to do with a group tag permission? Sure people can copy and paste usernames but they can do this anyway as it is, regardless if group tagging is enabled or not, right? If so I'm not sure what difference it will make. Sorry if I'm missing something; just trying to understand. At any rate this isn't anything crucial, just figured others might find it useful. Thanks for considering it.

Before answering your question, I want to know why you want to prevent user from group tagging?

Hey guys,

I think I posted about this before, but didn't get an answer. This is what happens when I try the tagging in the status update window:

Thee@[1:Thee] test (Gestern um 10:23)

(See attached picture)

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Attachments

• W Online DE   DEIN deutschsprachiges WildStar Forum und Fanseite.webp
    W Online DE DEIN deutschsprachiges WildStar Forum und Fanseite.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 20
Hey guys,

I think I posted about this before, but didn't get an answer. This is what happens when I try the tagging in the status update window:

Thee@[1:Thee] test (Gestern um 10:23)

(See attached picture)

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!
Which add-on are you using for the status sidebar block?

Before answering your question, I want to know why you want to prevent user from group tagging?
In my particular case, the only groups that I'll have taggable are the staff and moderator groups. In no instance would regular forum members need to tag every single user in either group (or any group on our forums for that matter), nor would we want to grant them this option, however group tagging would be useful if it could be utilized by our admins / moderators only in order to tag either group quickly & easily if need be. For example, sometimes a staff member might want to quickly bring a post to all the moderators attention, so if he/she was able to utilize say, @mods, it would be much easier & quicker than them typing out / tagging all the moderator names, which in my case is about 15 users, one of which has a name that starts with : which isn't taggable so this would be useful to ensure all moderators are alerted. Like I said it's nothing crucial just figure myself / others might find the permission beneficial. Without it the group tagging feature is useless to me, but I wouldn't mind utilizing it if there was a little more control. A permission attached to it would grant that control.

Which add-on are you using for the status sidebar block?

Thanks for the swift reply, xfrocks. We are using the XenPorta blocks. Is that what you are asking? If there's anything else you need to know, please let me know.

This Addon is no more working for me. Can some help and tell which addon clashes with this addon and prevent autocomplete of username ??

This Addon is no more working for me. Can some help and tell which addon clashes with this addon and prevent autocomplete of username ??

Unless you list your add-ons, we aren't sure what you have installed.

Did you just upgrade? Resinstall? etc....?

Thanks for quick reply. Yes I upgraded just now but its not working since last few months. I am using below Addons.

AOcGwh0.png
HpGMFuQ.png
wVlermd.png

I would have said just disable whatever it was you added when you noticed it not working...

If you have re-installed/upgraded, make sure to check the permissions (ability to tag) I think the default was set at 0.

Not exactly sure, but that is a start.

Hi.... Is it possible to prevent members from being allowed to Tag anyone who doesn't belong to a specific User Group ?

I don't want members of a certain group being allowed to tag members outside of that group.

Or is there any template edit which I can do temporarily to disallow selected groups from being able to use the Tag feature.

Let me know - Thanks.

For endless amount of years I am now suggestion this to both vBulletin and (recently) Xenforo: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/task-manager.10479/

I realized that also since recently Facebook is implementing more or less exactly what I wished for for so many years: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/task-manager.10479/#post-394896 ... and then I was pointed to this add-on. My prayers have -finally- come true! This will do absolute wonders for the workflow of me and my team in our Staf Zone! If I ever switch to XenForo, this will be the first add-on I will install in my entire forum life (which started in 2001). Keep up the good work (y).

I've just noticed on my site the username suggestion drop down box is no longer working. The actual tagging still works.

The JS file is being loaded
tagme js.webp

I've got no errors anywhere in the logs, or in chrome's console. Also doesn't work in Firefox.

I re-installed the mod, and it's still the same. Any suggestions as to what to look at?

I've just noticed on my site the username suggestion drop down box is no longer working. The actual tagging still works.

The JS file is being loaded
View attachment 40407

I've got no errors anywhere in the logs, or in chrome's console. Also doesn't work in Firefox.

I re-installed the mod, and it's still the same. Any suggestions as to what to look at?
Addon conflict, what are your recent addon added?

Are you using any addon that modifies the Member controller like Member List Manager?

add-on.webp

Here is what I've got installed. I'm currently installing them all on my test site, as it works on there with most of them installed.

Top Bottom