• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

BB Code Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
missing or disabled?
if disabled go to bbcode manager at your admin panel and hover on controls the click enable.

untitled.webp

Should be just disabled.
Thank you. Enabled it. I found this bbcode can use to embed another web page.

The flash path is:
HTML:
mysite.info/flash/quiz.swf
My forum path is:
HTML:
mysite.info/community
This is what I post:
HTML:
[flash]exchristian.info/flash/quiz.swf[/flash]
It endup embed mysite.info into a box.

I am using the [h2] bbcode in a thread. I like the bold size but there it create a large space between lines. How can I reduce the space?

H2.webp

I am using the [h2] bbcode in a thread. I like the bold size but there it create a large space between lines. How can I reduce the space?
Something like:
Code:
<h2 style="margin:0px;line-height:.5;">
Should work in the Simple Replacement Start. But have not tried it so not sure if XenForo will override this with CSS for the "<h2>" tag on pages. I do know it works like a charm on html pages I have used it on.

Thanks for the guidance Ron. I tried it but it did not work.

1. I replaced the html in the BB Code manager, changing the Simple replacement start from <h2> to <h2 style="margin:0px;">. It had no effect.

2. I tried adding the below to EXTRA.css. It also did not work.
Code:
.baseHtml h2 { margin: 0em 0 !important; }

3. Looking in firebug, I can see the CSS as .baseHtml h2 margin: 1em 0;. When I change the CSS in firebug from 1em to 0em, the page appears perfectly.

I am not great with CSS by any means, but I thought I had a decent enough understanding to resolve this issue. Apparently I was mistaken. I cannot figure out why it is not working.

Thanks for the guidance Ron. I tried it but it did not work.

1. I replaced the html in the BB Code manager, changing the Simple replacement start from <h2> to <h2 style="margin:0px;">. It had no effect.

2. I tried adding the below to EXTRA.css. It also did not work.
Code:
.baseHtml h2 { margin: 0em 0 !important; }

3. Looking in firebug, I can see the CSS as .baseHtml h2 margin: 1em 0;. When I change the CSS in firebug from 1em to 0em, the page appears perfectly.

I am not great with CSS by any means, but I thought I had a decent enough understanding to resolve this issue. Apparently I was mistaken. I cannot figure out why it is not working.

Try puttin this in the EXTRA.CSS for your style:
Code:
.baseHtml h2{
    display: inline;
    margin: 0 0 0 0;
}

Then just use the normal <h2> and </h2> on the replacement variables in bbCodeManager. You can adjust the margins if you want then to be a bit farther from each other. Keep in mind this will change the H2 tag everywhere it is used within the .basehtml class in the style.

If you want it to affect only the H2 bbCode. Use this in the simple replacement start for the H2 bbCode:
Code:
<h2 style="display:inline; margin: 0 0 0 0">

Ron, I tried both suggestions and neither worked. What's frustrating is I can see the current CSS values in firebug: .baseHtml h2 { margin: 1em 0; }. If I change the margin from 1em to 0 in firebug, the layout is perfect.

Example link:
http://www.terapvp.com/threads/upda...-for-those-just-learning-about-the-game.2588/

I have confirmed the following:
- the [h2] bb code is being used, see image 1
- the [h2] bb code is set up to default values in the bb code manager, see image 2
- the .baseHtml h2 code is set up in EXTRA.css correctly. I confirmed that the template is for the same style "Brown" as the page I am viewing. I also looked at my EXTRA.css file in notepad to ensure I didn't have any open tags or other issues. see image 3

h2post.webp h2bbcode.webp h2extras.webp

You tried <h2 style="display:inline; margin: 0 0 0 0"> in the simple replacement start for the BBCode and that did not work? It is working on my site now as the example in the attachment shows. It should override the style settings for the H2 tag anywhere that BBCode is used.

Attachments

• bbcode-example.webp
    bbcode-example.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 9
You can check from the pictures. 1. bbcode manager is open 2. closing 3. page doesn't open
When I enable again, pages come back.

Attachments

• bbcode1.webp
    bbcode1.webp
    152.8 KB · Views: 9
  • bbcode2.webp
    bbcode2.webp
    75.4 KB · Views: 9
  • bbcode3.webp
    bbcode3.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 8
You can check from the pictures. 1. bbcode manager is open 2. closing 3. page doesn't open
When I enable again, pages come back.
I would have to say that is most likely not a problem with bbcm directly if I had to guess. If you disable the addon, anything within [unused]bbcode tags[/unused] should just revert back to plain text.

Enabled:
enabled.webp

Disabled:
disabled.webp

I just installed and can't find an option to omit a BB Code from being displayed on the BB Code help menu. Does this exist?

If not, I'd like to request to be able to omit them, purely because if you have staff-only BB Codes you don't want them on the help pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom