• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

BB Code Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to the updated version, should be interesting to see how I can get my table code to display on the help page.

I'm looking forward to the updated version, should be interesting to see how I can get my table code to display on the help page.
I actually had you in mind when I thought of it and ways to improve the help page. The custom template inclusion is basically what you'd want. Basically, you would edit all of your table BB Codes and associate each one with your template for the help page. In the help page template, you would basically copy the HTML for the b, u, i, s. You would have the issue of NOT being able to set up and use the descriptions (as the template wouldn't receive the data for TH, TD, Thead, etc., just table). The system would strictly check templates vs previously created so each thing is built only once. Your description could be hard coded or managed via the first BBCode. ;) The idea was to make it simple to combine BBCodes that are associated together. It now allows you to look more and more like XF with your page. ;)

If you have something like flash, you can do a "description" replacement and everything works just like XFs media BB Code.

I just installed this add-on. The install went smooth. I read all 26 pages of this fine thread and have a few questions about this fine add-on:

1. I noticed the Flash Tag bbcode was disabled upon installation. Is there any reason it can't be activated?

2. I expected the BBCodes added to automatically appear on the Help > BB Codes page. I don't see any changes after the install. Float, H2, User Tag and Spoiler were installed by default but are not appearing in the Help area.

3. What does the Require Option checkbox do?

4. What's the difference between the Float Left / Float Right BB Code in Brogan's addition to the default Float which installed with this add-on?

1. You have the choice of whether to activate it or not.

2. You need to make the template edit to add custom BB Codes to the Help page. It's mentioned in the installation instructions in the first post.

3. That is for BB Codes which have options, such as something with a size or colour; e.g. [BG=white]This is a white background.[/BG]

4. Mine probably have different margins and padding.

1. I noticed the Flash Tag bbcode was disabled upon installation. Is there any reason it can't be activated?
AFAIK: It can be enabled. Flash is just not supported by the handhelds and not everyone likes flash.

2. I expected the BBCodes added to automatically appear on the Help > BB Codes page. I don't see any changes after the install. Float, H2, User Tag and Spoiler were installed by default but are not appearing in the Help area.
KingK is on it. You have to edit the template: help_bb_codes - add before the final <ul>
Code:
<xen:include template="help_custom_bbcodes" />
every additional bbcode will be displayed
3. What does the Require Option checkbox do?
In other words: require parameter. Example: [float] wouldn't be parsed but [float=""] will.

4. What's the difference between the Float Left / Float Right BB Code in Brogan's addition to the default Float which installed with this add-on?
The default float is just like an alignment while brogan did a whole wrap collection with the floats.
BTW: Thanks Brogan :D
Edit: Brogan was faster ;)

Thank you both for the answers. I am just about set here. I was wondering, the Help page shows two columns: Example and Output. How can I disable the output for my PDF and SWF bbcodes (leaving the rest in tact) on the help page? Both of them take a large amount of space and neither are helpful.

Thank you both for the answers. I am just about set here. I was wondering, the Help page shows two columns: Example and Output. How can I disable the output for my PDF and SWF bbcodes (leaving the rest in tact) on the help page? Both of them take a large amount of space and neither are helpful.
Unfortunately, that is a feature being developed for the next version. Workaround: if possible create a .pdf / .swf file that takes up only a few pixels.

You'll have to make manual edits to do that.

The template code loops through all of the BB Codes so it's not possible to only include some and not others.

Edit: Ninja'ed :o

The reason I installed this add-on was to help a user who wants to post some table data. I was building a sample table to show as an example, but I get an extra blank row in between each row. I have tried various manipulation of the [tr][/tr] and the results seem odd. On every other row I can remove the [tr][/tr] and the extra blank row will disappear. After that, the data begins appearing on the same row, which is the behavior I would expect.

Calories[Fat Calories]Non-fat Calories][Percentage of Fat]
Cheeseburger
Large Fries
Apple Pie
Diet Coke
Total

I am basically trying to manually re-create this sample table I located:
spread2.gif

Remove the line breaks from the table code.
It must be one uninterrupted string.

Cheeseburger
Large Fries
Apple Pie
Diet Coke
Total

You also need to add the missing cells for each row - you have 4 columns but only 1 cell on each subsequent row.

The reason I installed this add-on was to help a user who wants to post some table data. I was building a sample table to show as an example, but I get an extra blank row in between each row. I have tried various manipulation of the [tr][/tr] and the results seem odd. On every other row I can remove the [tr][/tr] and the extra blank row will disappear. After that, the data begins appearing on the same row, which is the behavior I would expect.

Cheeseburger
Large Fries
Apple Pie
Diet Coke
Total

I am basically trying to manually re-create this sample table I located:
spread2.gif
This'd be something for Brogan? I'm assuming you are using is code?

Edit: It appears I was ninja'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom