Lack of interest Any New Vision for Feeds and Profile ?

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Anime-Fall

Hello -

We're recently renewed interest in Xenforo and looking into migrating from Vbulletin 4.x to Xenforo pretty soon. However, before we commit to that change, are Xenforo Developers looking into taking a different approach when it comes to providing features relative to Xenforo Profile settings and its features + How Feeds should be displayed ?

Because we were never happy with either Vbulletin or Xenforo, we came up with our own profile system ex http://www.anime-fall.com/profile/valentina.1/about We're also working on our feed page, to be released very soon. It is currently in close beta.

But we would love to see Xenforo doing the following:

1. Looking into enhancing the profile generic looks and features
2. Renewing its wall page with a time line on the right corner
3. Creating a feed page where everyone can be updated on what other members share, like, comment on other members profile etc. Similar to Twitter and FB.
4. Creating Trending features for the feed page so members can explore new content based on what they like and their activity on the forum.

Does Xenforo has any vision toward creating something unique and different from the other forum software ? In term of Features, Members Interaction, and Sharing.

Forums purpose is to focus on communities and a specific niche for that specific community, wehther it is politics, social life, video games, anime etc. The goal really here is how can you take that niche and with the forum features, make it the best to allow members to revisit and come back.

We would also love to see Xenforo using CKeditor 5 or 4 or both https://ckeditor.com/ckeditor-5-builds/

Is there any vision for this ?

I don't like the current profile of XF 2.x it lacks good appearance and features. The first thing that a forum software should pay attention to are members' profiles design and features and creating a global feed page. For example, this is how my feed page looks on my custome homepage (work in progress)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom