any addon that prohibits certain user group from posting links?

shimspedy

so have new users spamming my forum and I would like to disallow them from posting links like how BHW does it.. suggestions?

Hello,

Maybe @CRUEL-MODZ can add this feature to his add-on :

Regards, SyTry

so have new users spamming my forum and I would like to disallow them from posting links like how BHW does it.. suggestions?

The best thing to do would be to prevent spammers from registering in the first place. If your forum is topic specific you can have great success using Q&A.

Admin control panel -> Setup -> Q&A captcha

The best thing to do would be to prevent spammers from registering in the first place. If your forum is topic specific you can have great success using Q&A.

Admin control panel -> Setup -> Q&A captcha
End it all.

well, I have all this but these are people who are normal and what they post makes sense but they really dont follow the rules because they are after backlinks and traffic... thats why I would like to limit it to trusted user groups.

well, I have all this
Actually no, you don't have the one I linked.

But, your problem is new people posting just to get backlinks. They're not following your rules, as you say. Completely different issue. What I do about that is first, restrict the "registered" usergroup so that members of that usergroup, their posts are moderated. Then, set up a 'trusted' usergroup where their posts are not. Then set up a promotion whereby when a registered member has 1 post, he graduates into the trusted usergroup.

He/she won't have that one post, until you approve at least 2 of their posts. So they could spam 1000 posts, and still have zero post count and nobody sees their posts except you.

Additionally, I do away with the notice that their post is awaiting moderation, so as not to annoy the legitimate new user. Your spammer will see his post, think he accomplished his task, and usually just leave. It might be something simple like this, and not an addon, stopping you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom