Duplicate After saving a template page refresh goes back to top of page

Mr Lucky

Affected version
2.3.0 beta 1
Previous tom 2.3.0 you could make an edit way down the page and then save (without exiting). The page would refresh but still display at the position it was at. Now it goes back to the top.

I saw that but it didn't seem to be the same thing. In this case saving the template change does work, just that it goes back to top afterwards.

Last edited:
It's a bit confusing from the wording, but that's the same issue.
Now I am confused as it's actually not the same issue and is still happening in beta 2. The template saves but instead of staying at the same line as in 2.2, the page now shows at line 1.

That’s right, that issue is about form edits not saving over AJAX, which causes the page to reload completely. The refresh will cause the scroll position and undo history to be lost.

Unless I’m misunderstanding this issue?

Unless I’m misunderstanding this issue?
No, obviously I'm misunderstanding or not able to explain because I still have the issue I'm talking about in beta 2

The supposed duplicate bug says saving template changes doesn't work. I am finding it does work, just that it goes back to the top.

The wording is a bit misleading, it does not work [as intended, as the changes are not saved over AJAX].

Not to worry, it's probably just my age and a touch of dementia not understanding, or not understanding why it says resolved when the issue still happens. Or does that mean it is resolved in the next beta?

Top Bottom