Add a "next" and "previous" thread link [Deleted]

It would be good if we could select the nodes from the admincp, also if we want it to appear above, below or both on the page; seeing next & previous before you even see the post you've clicked on might annoy users.

I don't know what BigS means when he's written: 'This plug in has a terrible query that hits the entire thread table.'?
If you select to display the thread title, it adds an additional query, since it has to find out what the title for the next thread is

Okay well I've put it to use on my site, but I would like to remove it from displaying before the content & only have the buttons after. How do I move it I cant find it in the templates.

Okay well I've put it to use on my site, but I would like to remove it from displaying before the content & only have the buttons after. How do I move it I cant find it in the templates.
It's rendered by a hook, and the hook location is fixed. Today, it is not as customizable without editing the code itself.

It actually works the wrong way round "NEXT" takes you to the previous thread and Previous takes you to the next thread chronologically.

! I also noticed that it doesn't always simply go to the next thread, it skips threads posted at the same time.

Awesome addon! This should be in the core.

This does have a glitch with Social Groups by Waindigo. The next and previous buttons will go to random forum entries. They will also only go a step or two forward or back. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks.

Top Bottom