Cannot reproduce Active user statistic glitch?

cdub

Affected version
v2.0.10
Every month or so it says that I have exactly 85 active users for that day. It's a huge jump from the norm. This is up from the 65 users on those days from when I rebuilt the daily statistics.

This goes all the way back to 2002 by the way. Every 30 days or so... the same amount of "active users" appear in the statistics. What the heck is going on? I bet if I rebuild that statistics again the 85 users every 30 days will jump to an even higher amount.194009194010

User's active is a stat that can't be rebuilt, as it is built based on the last activity value of a user, so it represents a snapshot in time.

However, I really don't think there is anything that could realistically trigger this from a bug perspective -- we just run a query based on the last activity value. That only gets updated when a user has a session.

I suppose there could be spammers that accessed the site at that time. That's really all I can think of.

I suppose there could be spammers that accessed the site at that time. That's really all I can think of.
That's what I thought. But the number grows each time I rebuild the stats. Not a big deal but it seemed odd.

Top Bottom