A widget with media mini thumb and poster info like in Latest Activity vs. Media Slider

beerForo

It seems odd to give a truncated listing of Forums, Resources, and Profile Posts in What's New's main page... but not Media Gallery posts like in Latest Activity.

"So-and-so uploaded an image/commented" with a tiny thumb maybe the size of a mini avatar, at least to keep people engaged. Leaving one app out of the loop only serves to make it a less popular destination on your site. Sure, it's a click away, but that is not consistent with the overview.

Thanks!

EDIT: Media Slider is nice but not exactly the same. Something to match the look of a list of posts similar to Latest Activity. But I don't think the file name is needed, most people upload images like 4646436464646464.jpg.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i agree, it's missing

currently you can only add:

XFMG - Albums Slider
XFMG - Gallery Statistics
XFMG - Latest Comments
XFMG - Media Slider

in admin panel >> appearance>> widgets>> add widget >> WIDGET>> What's new: Overview>>

xenforo please XFMG - New Media widget

it's also missing XFMG - New Media Ratings

Right, it would be nice, the way Latest Activity does it with the smaller thumbs and info from the poster. :)

But the Media Slider set to Latest will have to do for now.

wait a second, there is Latest Media, i scrolled down and saw the options

latest media or random media

so it's not missing,

only XFMG - New Media Ratings is missing

I did find that yup. Thanks to your post. I will still leave my suggestion in place as is slightly different (needs member info, etc.).

But this may work.

I came here looking for a similar thing..

I'd like a "Latest media" widget listing the title, description, and meta, instead of a thumbnail of the media itself.

I'll probably look to see if I can do something myself, but why not have something like this for default?

Top Bottom