• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxel

You may not know this, but creating these modifications for XenForo is basically my full time job. It is my primary source of income. If you appreciate the work here, please feel free to DONATE. A donation of $50 (or more) earns you the right to remove the copyright for this mod from a single install.

I think the only "must have" XenForo is really missing right now is a Splash Portal. Pretty much every website out there has one, whether its just a feed or recent news announcements, or a full blown CMS. This mod intends to fill this obvious gap with a recent news announcements feed and a fully modular sidebar system. The former version of this mod also included a full blown "wiki-like" content management system; I have decided to fork that part into a completely separate mod. However, with the modular sidebar system, it will integrate seamlessly with this mod.

Features:
  • News portal linking to admin defined forums
  • THREAD PROMOTION to add to the news portal
  • Index routing to take over the /index location
  • Fully modular system with import/export
  • Module caching based on individual timestamps
  • Over a dozen pre-installed module blocks
Demo:
Installation:
  • upload the entire contents of the attached zip to your XenForo root
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml"
  • set options for the portal in administration control panel
  • set usergroup permissions for administration rights
Upgrading from < 1.5.0:
  • If you are upgrading from a version before 1.5.0, you MUST uninstall XenPorta first!
  • After uninstalling XenPorta, make sure to DELETE all relevant /library and /js files!
  • Finally, make sure ALL XenPorta tables have been dropped from your database!
Usage Notes:
  • You will need to add these template edits manually if you plan on Globalizing Thread and Forum Layouts respectively... as these hooks do not yet exist in XenForo and I'm having trouble convincing Kier to add them.

At the absolute bottom of "thread_view"
    Code:
    <xen:hook name="thread_view_share_after" params="{xen:array 'thread={$thread}'}" />
    At the absolute bottom of "forum_view"
    Code:
    <xen:hook name="forum_view_pagenav_after" params="{xen:array 'forum={$forum}'}" />
Screenshots:

Untitled-1.webp Untitled-2.webp Untitled-3.webp

Donations:
Download:

Attachments

Very impressive. Is the wiki mod will be released next?
Do you use mediawiki as the wiki engine or this is all Xenforo?

Update or delete the old version
Delete the old version... but make sure you have your wiki pages backed up to text files or something... because they will all be deleted, and the database will be incompatible with the new version of the wiki. Hey, XenForo is beta and you should know better than running it on a live website...

here ya go
Hmm... do you have debug mode turned on?

Turn it on for me... and then instead of clicking (edit), RIGHT CLICK it, and select open in new window... then paste the full error here please... I can't emulate this error on my website.

Hmm... do you have debug mode turned on?

Turn it on for me... and then instead of clicking (edit), RIGHT CLICK it, and select open in new window... then paste the full error here please... I can't emulate this error on my website.

this is the error i got from admin panel

ErrorException: Undefined index: page - library\EWRporta\ViewPublic\Edit.php:8
Generated By: puertoblack2003, A moment ago

Stack Trace
#0 \htdocs\androidmobilejunkie.com\forums\library\EWRporta\ViewPublic\Edit.php(8): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
#1 \htdocs\androidmobilejunkie.com\forums\library\XenForo\ViewRenderer\Abstract.php(212): EWRporta_ViewPublic_Edit->renderHtml('EWRporta_ViewPu...', 'Html', Array, 'EWRporta_Edit')
#2 \htdocs\androidmobilejunkie.com\forums\library\XenForo\ViewRenderer\Json.php(197): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta_ViewPu...', Array, 'EWRporta_Edit')
#3 \htdocs\androidmobilejunkie.com\forums\library\XenForo\ViewRenderer\Json.php(98): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->getDefaultOutputArray('EWRporta_ViewPu...', Array, 'EWRporta_Edit', NULL)
#4 F:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\androidmobilejunkie.com\forums\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(520): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#5 \htdocs\androidmobilejunkie.com\forums\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView()
#6 \htdocs\androidmobilejunkie.com\forums\index.php(15): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(162) "http://mysite.com/portal/edit/board...d8d41b93ca5c3d4ef3672690&_xfResponseType=json"
["_GET"] => array(3) {
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1288840822,2832013086ff14f8d8d41b93ca5c3d4ef3672690"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I cant figure out the error from that...

Before we move on... can I ask you if you deleted the old XenPorta mod first?

I think you have some outdated files and they are interfering with the rendering engine...

Delete your ENTIRE XenPorta directory, and reupload from the zip.

I cant figure out the error from that...

Before we move on... can I ask you if you deleted the old XenPorta mod first?

I think you have some outdated files and they are interfering with the rendering engine...

Delete your ENTIRE XenPorta directory, and reupload from the zip.

wow you were right !!! i thought i deleted it all, i ,must have missed a few but its all good now.

Thanks jaxel

Tried importing a module (portal install went ok), got the following error:

ErrorException: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='simplexmlelement.--construct'>simplexmlelement.--construct</a>]: /tmp/phpzaF3Ng:20: parser error : ParsePI: PI php never end ... - library/EWRporta/Model/Modules.php:63
Generated By: CFodder, A moment ago

Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError('/tmp/phpzaF3Ng', 0, true)
#1 /home/... /xf/library/EWRporta/Model/Modules.php(63): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('/tmp/phpzaF3Ng')
#2 /home/ ... /xf/library/EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Portal.php(89): EWRporta_Model_Modules->importModule()
#3 /home ... /xf/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(303): EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Portal->actionImport(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/ ... /xf/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
#5 /home/ ... /xf/index.php(15): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(53) "http://xf.onlinedawdlers.com/index.php?portal/import/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["portal/import/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(2) {
["submit"] => string(13) "Import Module"
["_xfToken"] => string(53) "2,1288843654,d776d9e4d6e5cc44951ed1189d2efa32a3665f37"
}
}

Totally removed all traces of the old Portal, got this error trying to import all 3 of the modules.

Call me a little slow on the uptake, if you wish, but after installation, setting the admin permissions and options, I still have no 'Portal' tab, nor access to modules. I'm obviously missing something fundamental here :(

p.s. installed onto a clean (linux) installation of Xen.

Call me a little slow on the uptake, if you wish, but after installation, setting the admin permissions and options, I still have no 'Portal' tab, nor access to modules. I'm obviously missing something fundamental here :(

p.s. installed onto a clean (linux) installation of Xen.
There is no "Portal" tab. This mod exists on your "Home" button, after you modify your "Home Page URL" in "Basic Board Information" in the options panel in your Admin Control Panel. Thats it... all done.

Right now the "Home" button is not a real tab, so that is a limitation of this mod. Kier has said he is looking into making the Home button a real tab, and that would expand the functionality of this mod.

I've done that, changed my homepage to ... /portal and I get error:

"An unexpected exception occurred."

Got me beat that one ... to much information I think!

**Edit ** An uninstall and re-install fixed it and is now working nicely.

Is it going to be possible to have modules in the 'main' area, not just the sidebar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom