[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
Hi Jaxel,

Two problems - One big and one small

Big problem:
(Copy and paste from one of my Moderators that manages events - we are all fairly new to them)
I created an event (as per normal) by clicking "post new event". From there I entered in values for the following fields:

Event
Venue
Start/End Time (future dated)
Time zone was set to +8 (I have used this before no problems)
Enable RSVP System was checked
Create Event Thread was checked

I chose the forum that I wanted the event created to and then clicked save. From there I needed to approve the event via the moderation queue (as per normal).

After approving the event it doesnt show up in the calendar.

Note that only SOME of the events are showing, for some reason. We are wondering why this is so. Here is a link to my Events section, if that helps. http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/events/

Small problem:
(Copied from a poster in the first page of this thread)
1. Add to extra.css
Code:
.eventList li .eventName {font-size: 18px;}
.eventList .avatar .s, .eventDaily .avatar .s {display: none !important;}

2. Edit the template: EWRatendo_EventsCreate

Find and comment out these lines thus:
Code:
<!--            <dl class="ctrlUnit">
                <dt><label for="ctrl_stream">{xen:phrase stream_url}:</label></dt>
                <dd><input type="text" name="event_stream" class="textCtrl" id="ctrl_stream" value="{$input.event_stream}" /></dd> -->
            </dl> -->

<dt><label for="ctrl_citystate">{xen:phrase city_state}:</label></dt>
                <dd><input type="text" name="event_citystate" class="textCtrl GoogleMap" id="ctrl_citystate" value="{$input.event_citystate}" /></dd>
            </dl> -->

<dt><label for="ctrl_zipcode">{xen:phrase zipcode}:</label></dt>
                <dd><input type="text" name="event_zipcode" class="textCtrl GoogleMap" id="ctrl_zipcode" value="{$input.event_zipcode}" /></dd>
            </dl> -->

<dt><label for="ctrl_venue">{xen:phrase venue}:</label></dt>
                <dd><input type="text" name="event_venue" class="textCtrl" id="ctrl_venue" value="{$input.event_venue}" /></dd>
            </dl> -->

I tried this but it only seems to hide the field, unfortunately when I go to create the event, it still actually wants me to enter the Venue, City/State, Postcode etc.

How do you remove the requirement for these?

In my case I want to remove Venue, City/State, Postcode and Address (as the event is online-only), and retain the Stream URL field.

I've found a bug: when two events start at the same time (timezone adjusted), only the *newer* one appears, in Upcoming View *only*. That is, let's say we've got User A and User B. User A creates an event that starts at 5PM EST (GMT -5). Then, User B creates an event that starts at 5PM EST -- or even better, at 4PM CST (GMT -6). In Upcoming View, only User B's event will be visible!

Does anyone know how to solve this? I have many events (like, 20) going on per a day, and Upcoming View is my default view, so I can't have this bug be happening! :(

One of my admin was renaming/moving some forums that were set as event forums, and now we get this error when opening the options page for XenAtendo:
I tried setting the "EWRatendo_eventforums" option to the default value in the DB but that didn't help. Wasn't being cached either.
How can this be fixed?

1. create new temp node "forum", for example with name "tempnode"
2. change in table xf_node (trough phpmyadmin) id this temp node on id in message error "An exception occurred: Undefined index: 54"
3. retry step 1 and 2 if error still
4. manage and save new option in section EWRPorta
5. delete temp node(s)

profit!

Small problem:
(Copied from a poster in the first page of this thread)

I tried this but it only seems to hide the field, unfortunately when I go to create the event, it still actually wants me to enter the Venue, City/State, Postcode etc.

How do you remove the requirement for these?

In my case I want to remove Venue, City/State, Postcode and Address (as the event is online-only), and retain the Stream URL field.

For my forum I needed to remove City/State, Postcode and the Google Map. I assume you don't want the map option either (for an online event), so you can try commenting out the following from EWRatendo_EventsCreate:

HTML:
                <dd><input type="text" name="event_venue" class="textCtrl" id="ctrl_venue" value="{$input.event_venue}" /></dd>
            </dl>
-->

HTML:
<!--                <dl class="ctrlUnit">
                    <dt><label for="ctrl_address">{xen:phrase address}:</label></dt>
                    <dd><input type="text" name="event_address" class="textCtrl GoogleMap" id="ctrl_address" value="{$input.event_address}" /></dd>
                </dl>

<dl class="ctrlUnit">
                    <dd><input type="text" name="event_citystate" class="textCtrl GoogleMap" id="ctrl_citystate" value="{$input.event_citystate}" /></dd>
                </dl>

<dl class="ctrlUnit">
                    <dd><input type="text" name="event_zipcode" class="textCtrl GoogleMap" id="ctrl_zipcode" value="{$input.event_zipcode}" /></dd>
                </dl>

<dl class="ctrlUnit fullWidth">
                    <dt></dt>
                    <dd><iframe width="100%" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" id="ctrl_googlemap"
                        src="{$input.location}"></iframe></dd>
                </dl>
-->
Edit: You will also have to comment out the same sections in the template EWRatendo_EventsEdit - otherwise on edit you will see the fields that were previously hidden.

I've since made a neater job using the excellent Template Modification System (TMS) but the end result should be the same and you will no longer see these options when creating a new event.

For the Big problem: did you try updating to the latest release? I see it fixed a bug when two events that start near the same time don't show up. Just a thought:

BUG FIX: fixed an issue where time conflicts would not be processed correctly if two events started and ended with an hour long overlap.

This is a nice add-on. Thanks, Jaxel!

Something that seems like a bug: If in the options I select a forum to be an "Event Forum" and this forum happens to have a sub-forum, then the selected forum doesn't get a "Post New Event" button.

Fresh install and receiving this error when accessing the options page, any ideas?

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/EWRatendo/Option/ForumChooser2.php:15
Generated By:******, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/********/public_html/library/EWRatendo/Option/ForumChooser2.php(15): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/********/...', 15, Array)
#1 [internal function]: EWRatendo_Option_ForumChooser2::renderOption(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
#2 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(327): call_user_func(Array, Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
#3 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(71): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
#4 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(33): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), Array, false, 'options')
#5 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php(30): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), Array, false)
#6 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(215): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions->renderHtml()
#7 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php(63): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewAdm...', 'Html', Array, 'option_list')
#8 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView('XenForo_ViewAdm...', Array, 'option_list', NULL)
#9 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin), Array)
#10 /home/********/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(53) "http://********t.com/admin.php?options/list/EWRatendo"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["options/list/EWRatendo"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

This is a nice add-on. Thanks, Jaxel!

Something that seems like a bug: If in the options I select a forum to be an "Event Forum" and this forum happens to have a sub-forum, then the selected forum doesn't get a "Post New Event" button.
That doesn't sound like a bug to me, I don't think I'd want sub forums to inherit that. Just manually set the sub forums also?

That doesn't sound like a bug to me, I don't think I'd want sub forums to inherit that. Just manually set the sub forums also?
No, it's not the sub-forum where I expect to see the button, it's the forum I selected as the Event Forum. It's just that this forum happens to have a sub-forum, and that seems to be causing the button to disappear. In fact I have tried it on several forums that have sub-forums in them, and the behaviour is consistent. On forums without sub-forums, there is no problem.

No, it's not the sub-forum where I expect to see the button, it's the forum I selected as the Event Forum. It's just that this forum happens to have a sub-forum, and that seems to be causing the button to disappear. In fact I have tried it on several forums that have sub-forums in them, and the behaviour is consistent. On forums without sub-forums, there is no problem.
Ah, yes in that case, that sounds bad :)

For my forum I needed to remove City/State, Postcode and the Google Map. I assume you don't want the map option either (for an online event), so you can try commenting out the following from EWRatendo_EventsCreate:

HTML:
            </dl>
-->

HTML:
<!--                <dl class="ctrlUnit">
                    <dt><label for="ctrl_address">{xen:phrase address}:</label></dt>
                    <dd><input type="text" name="event_address" class="textCtrl GoogleMap" id="ctrl_address" value="{$input.event_address}" /></dd>
                </dl>

<dl class="ctrlUnit">
                </dl>

<dl class="ctrlUnit">
                </dl>

<dl class="ctrlUnit fullWidth">
                    <dt></dt>
                    <dd><iframe width="100%" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" id="ctrl_googlemap"
                        src="{$input.location}"></iframe></dd>
                </dl>
-->
Edit: You will also have to comment out the same sections in the template EWRatendo_EventsEdit - otherwise on edit you will see the fields that were previously hidden.

I've since made a neater job using the excellent Template Modification System (TMS) but the end result should be the same and you will no longer see these options when creating a new event.

For the Big problem: did you try updating to the latest release? I see it fixed a bug when two events that start near the same time don't show up. Just a thought:
Actually, I've figured it out and it seems to be working, but when I go to create an event, it still asks for a venue (even though I've hidden the venue field, for instance). Again, I need to remove the REQUIREMENT to add a venue, state/zipcode etc etc.

That is odd because I have the modifications I listed above (removing the sections you don't need/require from two templates: EWRatendo_EventsCreate, EWRatendo_EventsEdit) and I don't see any of those fields when I either create a new event or edit an existing one. As I mentioned I have used the Template Modification System (TMS) but it is really only doing the same thing, just in a neater and more easily updated way. I can share that code with you if you think it might help.

I don't have access to it right now but it was simply along the lines of:
  • Search for the code that you wish to remove
  • Replace with <!-- Removed address, city, zip code -->
Just make sure you are only working on the form fields and not messing about with the other code such as the <xen if> loops otherwise it will no doubt break everything.

That is odd because I have the modifications I listed above (removing the sections you don't need/require from two templates: EWRatendo_EventsCreate, EWRatendo_EventsEdit) and I don't see any of those fields when I either create a new event or edit an existing one. As I mentioned I have used the Template Modification System (TMS) but it is really only doing the same thing, just in a neater and more easily updated way. I can share that code with you if you think it might help.

I don't have access to it right now but it was simply along the lines of:
  • Search for the code that you wish to remove
  • Replace with <!-- Removed address, city, zip code -->
Just make sure you are only working on the form fields and not messing about with the other code such as the <xen if> loops otherwise it will no doubt break everything.
With the modifications all of the fields are hidden, but when I go to Create Event down the bottom, I get an error message saying that the Venue, State/Zipcode/whatever fields need to be filled in. I.e. they are hidden but still actually require a value to be put in them. There must be something in the code that forces a value in these fields. The areas that I have commented out obviously is not that code, it is just the code to display the text box to enter the data into.

I understand what you are saying, just curious because I don't experience this on my own setup. Events can be posted without any difficulties and I am never asked for these fields that I have hidden. The only difference I can see is that I do use Venue (renamed to Location), maybe that is the cause? You could always retain that field and simply enter Venue as 'Online' or something of that sort? I don't recall any other relevant changes that I have made to my site but if anything sprngs to mind I will let you know. Otherwise it is probably one for Jaxel to comment on.

Hi Jaxel, I upgraded from 1.4.4 to latest version 1.4.8b and now I'm getting the following error on "Monthly View" page

Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'EWRatendo_events.event_247' in 'where clause'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRatendo/Model/Events.php at line 22
  6. EWRatendo_Model_Events->getEventsRange() in EWRatendo/Model/Monthly.php at line 67
  7. EWRatendo_Model_Monthly->getEventsMonth() in EWRatendo/Model/Monthly.php at line 13
  8. EWRatendo_Model_Monthly->getMonthly() in EWRatendo/ControllerPublic/Events/Monthly.php at line 30
  9. EWRatendo_ControllerPublic_Events_Monthly->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/index.php at line 13
and on "Weekly View" page:

Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'EWRatendo_events.event_247' in 'where clause'
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRatendo/Model/Events.php at line 22
  6. EWRatendo_Model_Events->getEventsRange() in EWRatendo/Model/Weekly.php at line 59
  7. EWRatendo_Model_Weekly->getEventsWeek() in EWRatendo/Model/Weekly.php at line 13
  8. EWRatendo_Model_Weekly->getWeekly() in EWRatendo/ControllerPublic/Events/Weekly.php at line 35
  9. EWRatendo_ControllerPublic_Events_Weekly->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/index.php at line 13

I previously had 2 "event" categories you could choose from in xenatendo... I moved all of the threads to one of the categories and deleted the empty one. It seems to work fine on the user end but when I go into the ACP options I get the following errors:
Code:
An exception occurred: Undefined index: 23 in /home/mike/public_html/library/EWRatendo/Option/ForumChooser2.php on line 21

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRatendo/Option/ForumChooser2.php at line 21
EWRatendo_Option_ForumChooser2::renderOption()
call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 327
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 71
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php at line 30
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 63
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mike/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Do I need to reinstall xenatendo? Will it keep all of my events if I reinstall it?

I've found a bug: when two events start at the same time (timezone adjusted), only the *newer* one appears, in Upcoming View *only*. That is, let's say we've got User A and User B. User A creates an event that starts at 5PM EST (GMT -5). Then, User B creates an event that starts at 5PM EST -- or even better, at 4PM CST (GMT -6). In Upcoming View, only User B's event will be visible!

Does anyone know how to solve this? I have many events (like, 20) going on per a day, and Upcoming View is my default view, so I can't have this bug be happening! :(
Still experiencing this bug. Anyone got an ideas? I'm pretty sure it's on the PHP side.

In addition, does anyone know how I could have RSVPs show in time order? That is, the people who RSVP first should show up first on the list.

Actually, I've figured it out and it seems to be working, but when I go to create an event, it still asks for a venue (even though I've hidden the venue field, for instance). Again, I need to remove the REQUIREMENT to add a venue, state/zipcode etc etc.
Bump, any help with this?

Hi Jaxel, I upgraded from 1.4.4 to latest version 1.4.8b and now I'm getting the following error on "Monthly View" page

Server Error

6. EWRatendo_Model_Events->getEventsRange() in EWRatendo/Model/Monthly.php at line 67
  7. EWRatendo_Model_Monthly->getEventsMonth() in EWRatendo/Model/Monthly.php at line 13
  8. EWRatendo_Model_Monthly->getMonthly() in EWRatendo/ControllerPublic/Events/Monthly.php at line 30
  9. EWRatendo_ControllerPublic_Events_Monthly->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
and on "Weekly View" page:

Server Error

6. EWRatendo_Model_Events->getEventsRange() in EWRatendo/Model/Weekly.php at line 59
  7. EWRatendo_Model_Weekly->getEventsWeek() in EWRatendo/Model/Weekly.php at line 13
  8. EWRatendo_Model_Weekly->getWeekly() in EWRatendo/ControllerPublic/Events/Weekly.php at line 35
  9. EWRatendo_ControllerPublic_Events_Weekly->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
I have disabled the add-on and still need help to fix this :unsure:

Top Bottom