XF 2.2 2.2.15 - An upgrade was found for a version of XenForo that is newer than the uploaded files

Joao Prates

Hi all,

I just downloaded 2.2.15 upgrade only zip, unzipped it, moved files to upload dir, and tried to run the upgrade procedure on /install/index.php?upgrade/ i.e. the same procedure as I've always done in the past, but this time I get this error message:

An upgrade was found for a version of XenForo that is newer than the uploaded files. Please reupload all of the files for the new version and reload this page.

I did not catch 2.2.14 available, so I'm trying to upgrade from 2.2.13 to 2.2.15, could this be the root cause of this error?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
-jprates

Hi all,

I just downloaded 2.2.15 upgrade only zip, unzipped it, moved files to upload dir, and tried to run the upgrade procedure on /install/index.php?upgrade/ i.e. the same procedure as I've always done in the past, but this time I get this error message:

An upgrade was found for a version of XenForo that is newer than the uploaded files. Please reupload all of the files for the new version and reload this page.

I did not catch 2.2.14 available, so I'm trying to upgrade from 2.2.13 to 2.2.15, could this be the root cause of this error?

TIA,
-jprates

possibly you didn't overwrite the files, which caused it.

Hi all,

TIA,
-jprates
Have you tried from here?

1707223973298.webp

thanks @JustinHawk and @bzcomputers

For those of you who already upgraded, is it just me or this upgrade takes forever in the Importing... Master data (Templates: 1,4%)...???

It is going at a tenth of a percent per several minutes, never saw an upgrade go so slow before... :rolleyes:

EDIT: and every once in a while have to refresh the page

1707252949173.webp

Last edited:
thanks @JustinHawk and @bzcomputers

For those of you who already upgraded, is it just me or this upgrade takes forever in the Importing... Master data (Templates: 1,4%)...???

It is going at a tenth of a percent per several minutes, never saw an upgrade go so slow before... :rolleyes:
I upgraded from XF 2.2.13 to 2.2.15 yesterday and the entire process took about 1± minute. I upgraded from the ACP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom