1.x -> 2.x addons map/alternatives?

TheLaw

I'm doing an upgrade of some sites and am wondering if anyone knows of a resource or post/chart that has good suggestions for migration of addons/plugins from 1.x to 2.x. Some of these could prove to be challenging, e.g., Waindigo's Custom Fields since if it's not supported in some other form then the data needs to be migrated to a new addon.

I've got about 78 addons on one large site (including 20 addons I wrote myself that I'll have to see if they need rewriting), others that are non-essential to check, but these are probably the ones that need replacing/updating and there is a question about migration that should be determined. Several of these don't seem possible and some of the data would be unfortunate to be lost. I'll leave info of what I've found here and hopefully it may help others. PS - I've mapped all of the 50 addons I have and am recreating my custom work some of you may have. Feel free to reach me if you'd like for assistance. hope all of you are well.

As has been mentioned in the upgrade process, deleting/removing addons prior to upgrades is critical if you want to recover precious space in your database that will ultimately be orphaned with an upgrade.

Last edited:
Top Bottom