******* - Force to Read a Thread [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Force Users/Guests To Read A Thread - It forces guests and users to read a thread of your choosing

This mod will give the admin the opportunity to set a thread as a must read for guests and users alike before they are allowed to browse/read the rest of the threads.

After installing the mod, go to Options->Force Thread Read. There you can enable/disable the mod, choose the id of the thread that you want to set it as a must read and as last but not least, enter your own custom error message that you want to appear to guests/users when they get the read thread error screen message.

For more...

Read more about this resource...

Would buy this if it was enabled on a node by nodes basis and ability to force a different thread per enabled node. Also would want ability to enable it only to members, not forcing a guest as they can't post anyway.

Would buy this if it was enabled on a node by nodes basis and ability to force a different thread per enabled node. Also would want ability to enable it only to members, not forcing a guest as they can't post anyway.

Hi,

About adding the node option I will see what I can do at a later time as atm I do not have much free time. Thank you for the suggestion.

Whereas to remove the guests option I can do it right away if you will buy the mod. It is is only a small edit.

What about for now either a global, like you have or only for one specific node as for now, I'd only want it for my marketplace section. Can worry about multi-specific node options when time permits. I will buy it for sure now if the single node can be done, could even be hard coded and change the node id in php, if need be.

What about for now either a global, like you have or only for one specific node as for now, I'd only want it for my marketplace section. Can worry about multi-specific node options when time permits. I will buy it for sure now if the single node can be done, could even be hard coded and change the node id in php, if need be.

You want to block the nodes? This is for threads not for forums, unless I misunderstood you.

I only want to force them to read the thread before entering the marketplace node, which has further rules and guidelines then rest of the site. So this would make them read these rules before they can enter.

I only want to force them to read the thread before entering the marketplace node, which has further rules and guidelines then rest of the site. So this would make them read these rules before they can enter.

I see what you mean now. I will look into this as soon as I have some free time.

You can make it so that it would apply to specific user-groups?

I has that option but I had forgotten to mention it at the description. I just updated the mod description and added the new screenshot. Thank you for the reminder.

So is this included (available at your forum) if we are subscribers? I'm a bit confused about that ( I paid my dues), because some of the add-ons here don't show up there. In fact, no newer ones do.....

So is this included (available at your forum) if we are subscribers? I'm a bit confused about that ( I paid my dues), because some of the add-ons here don't show up there. In fact, no newer ones do.....

Hi,

No, this is not available at my premium forum. I have decided to sell my newest mods separately and I have closed the taking out of new subscriptions at my forum since. Anyone that purchased a subscription at my forum has unlimited access to the current premium mods at my forum for the duration of the subscription. Please let me know if this cleared things up for you.

Yes, that clears it up, but unfortunately I didn't suspect that to be the case or I would not have subscribed....it was confusing, since I think I never used any of the mods there (or one)....

Oh, well, thanks for the answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom