1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

Portal, News and Articles... and a widget framework.

1. Jaxel
    A branding removal license and instructions on how to remove the brands quick and easily can be purchased HERE for $50. Each branding removal license is good for ONE forum only! If you appreciate the work here, please DONATE.

I think the only "must have" XenForo is really missing right now is a Splash Portal. Pretty much every website out there has one, whether its just a feed or recent news announcements, or a full blown CMS. This mod intends to fill this obvious gap with a recent news announcements feed and a fully modular sidebar system.

Features:
    • News portal linking to admin defined forums
    • THREAD PROMOTION to add to the news portal
    • Categories for news articles and promoted threads
    • Index routing to take over the /index location
    • Fully modular system with import/export
    • Module caching based on individual timestamps
    • 8 pre-installed module blocks, with dozens of additional blocks available to install from the package.
    Demo:
    Installation:
    • upload the contents of the attached zip to your XF root
    • install from file on server: "library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml"
    • set options for the portal in administration control panel
    • set usergroup permissions for administration rights
    Upgrading from < 1.5.0:
    • If upgrading from before 1.5.0, uninstall XenPorta first!
    • Delete all relevant /library and /js files!
    • Make sure XenPorta tables have been dropped from DB
    • Follow regular installation procedure from here
    Usage Notes:
    • You will need to add these template edits manually if you plan on Globalizing Thread and Forum Layouts respectively... as these hooks do not yet exist in XenForo and I'm having trouble convincing Kier to add them.

At the absolute bottom of "thread_view"
      Code:
      <xen:hook name="thread_view_share_after" params="{xen:array 'thread={$thread}'}" />
      At the absolute bottom of "forum_view"
      Code:
      <xen:hook name="forum_view_pagenav_after" params="{xen:array 'forum={$forum}'}" />
    Donations:

Recent Reviews

1. MacMeBenny
    MacMeBenny
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6.0
    Great add-on for any forum. Perfect - fills the major gap that every XenForo forum comes across.
  2. Dzana
    Dzana
    5/5,
    Very nice
  3. [The Piper]
    [The Piper]
    4/5,
    Good, but steep learning curve and getting everything just the way you want is hard, especially as there doesn't seem to be much support and even the FAQ is outdated.
  4. kipkip
    kipkip
    5/5,
    thank you
  5. geminiusa
    geminiusa
    5/5,
    Great UI and the best way to change the XF to multi-purpose site.
  6. timwuzhere9
    timwuzhere9
    4/5,
    I honestly love this add-on for Xenforo. I gave it 4 stars because it's a little hard to set the portal as your index page. I tried following the guide, but it's also almost 2 years outdated and only applied for versions 1.4 and 1.5. I managed to get the portal to be set on it's own page, but I couldn't get it to just be the portal, it would show the portal module, and then the forums under it.

If anyone has a fix for that, Please let me know :)
  7. Zanthor
    Zanthor
    5/5,
    Exceptionally easy to setup and adds much needed functionality to the forums.
  8. CaptainMorgan
    CaptainMorgan
    4/5,
    $50 to remove branding. LOL - You are too funny.
  9. markbrule
    markbrule
    5/5,
    Great work here. Xenforo CEO should have in mind that some people buy their software just for this addon.
  10. imspot
    imspot
    5/5,
    Such an awesome addon! Thank you it works great in 1.2.4