[8WR] XenHabla (IRC)

Unmaintained [8WR] XenHabla (IRC) 1.0.8

No permission to download
Visible branding
Yes, but removable with payment
A branding removal license and instructions on how to remove the brands quick and easily can be purchased HERE for $50. Each branding removal license is good for ONE forum only! If you appreciate the work here, please DONATE.

I was unhappy with the chat room I was using before. So created this. This chat system uses a FLASH based chat client (that has no adverts) to connect to an IRC network. This mod uses the GeekShed IRC Network by default; you can use any IRC network you choose, but I recommend sticking with GeekShed because they offer "who's chatting" exportability that has been integrated into XenPorta.

Features:
  • Flash based chat room using the lightIRC client.
  • AJAX based chat room using the Mibbit client.
  • Integration into XenAtendo's Live Stream system.
  • Integration into XenPorta for Who's Chatting (if you use GeekShed or vBirc)
  • Full screen popout and various resizing options.
Demo:
Installation:
  • upload the contents of the attached zip to your XF root
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRhabla/addon-EWRhabla.xml"
  • set options for the chat in administration control panel
Author
Jaxel
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from Jaxel

Latest updates

1. Version 1.0.8 CHANGELOG

Moved images from the JS directory to STYLES. This is for CDNs. Added error checking to user...

Latest reviews

Very easy to set up. Looks great too. I would like to make a few suggestions tho. It would be great to have an easy way to adjust the color of the window layout. Maybe be able to set a per theme selection? But this is minor compared to my only other suggestion/request.

I have users taking advantage of being able to set what ever nick they want and trolling. Is there a way to enforce a forum login to be verified as well as force the initial nick to use the forum handle and maybe only prompt for a password?
Very great. It is also working very fine with all the clients... Good job Sir...
Super easy to use, I used QwebIRC's webchat offered by the network I used before in the past. Which is visually the same irc web chat this addon uses. Although, this will resize to fit the width of the forum. And also much more. Setup is super easy, plus the pop chat is a huge bonus. Not using the GeekShed irc network, but it still works perfectly for a replacement of what I was previously doing.

I can also confirm this is working with 1.2
Outstanding mod, works flawlessly.
Top Bottom