[8WR] XenMedio (Media) PRO

Unmaintained [8WR] XenMedio (Media) PRO 1.7.0

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Visible branding
Yes, but removable with payment
A branding removal license and instructions on how to remove the brands quick and easily can be purchased HERE for $50. Each branding removal license is good for ONE forum only!

What is XenMedio?

XenMedio is a media library where users can browse media submitted by others in an easy to navigate directory. This addon supports the integration with many hosting services around the net.​

Features:
  • Automatic retrieval of media data, including titles, descriptions, keywords and durations.
  • Content keyword tagging and keyword cloud.
  • Content user tagging. (you can tag users to media)
  • *booru-style keyword/user filtering to narrow down listings.
  • Custom variable support to handle metadata.
  • Media threads with automatic commenting and linking.
  • Full integration with XenForo's content handler system.
  • User subscription and alerts to keep people informed of comments.
  • User controlled custom playlists.
Supported platforms:
(not all platforms support all data fields)
  • 1UP
  • AdobeTV
  • Blip.TV
  • CollegeHumor
  • DailyMotion
  • FlickR
  • FunnyOrDie
  • GameSpot
  • Hulu
  • Jest
  • MetaCafe
  • NicoVideo
  • Photobucket
  • PicasaWeb
  • SoundCloud
  • Stitcher
  • Twitch.TV (requires API key)
  • uStream
  • Veevr
  • Veoh
  • Viddler
  • VideoJug
  • Vimeo
  • YouTube (requires API key)
  • Locally hosted media
Unsupported platforms:
These platforms used to be supported; but support has been dropped for one reason or another. It is recommended you DELETE these hosters from the admin services section of XenMedio if you previously had them enabled, as they will no longer function and may return errors if users try to use them.
  • Justin.TV
  • MegaVideo
  • Own3D
  • RedTube
  • Revision3
  • YahooVideo
Demo:
Installation:
  • upload the contents of the attached zip to your XF root
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRmedio/addon-EWRmedio.xml"
  • set options for the library in administration control panel
  • set usergroup permissions for administration rights
  • edit the BB code media site for "XenMedio" and change it to match your website's domain
  • set up your YouTube API key in the admin services menu
  • only YouTube is installed by default, you will need to install any other services you need manually; or you can click "rebuild services" on the admin services page to install all services.
Usage Notes:

If you are upgrading from the free version, you may notice that many URLs have changed. Don't worry however, as it is very easy to use .htaccess to route around these changes.​
Code:
RedirectMatch 301 ^/community/media/([a-z]+)/([\w-]+\.\d+)([\/\w]*) http://xenforo.com/community/media/$2/$1$3
Just use the above mod_rewrite redirect code in your XenForo installation's .htaccess file. The code above assumes your forum is at http://xenforo.com/community, you will need to change it to match your forum before it will function correctly.​
Donations:
Thumbnails:
  • Untitled-1.webp
    Untitled-1.webp
    158.5 KB · Views: 2,725
  • Untitled-2.webp
    Untitled-2.webp
    168.8 KB · Views: 2,535
  • Untitled-3.webp
    Untitled-3.webp
    169.4 KB · Views: 2,373
  • Untitled-4.webp
    Untitled-4.webp
    136.1 KB · Views: 2,402
  • Untitled-5.webp
    Untitled-5.webp
    111.5 KB · Views: 2,298
  • Untitled-6.webp
    Untitled-6.webp
    136.8 KB · Views: 2,283
  • Untitled-7.webp
    Untitled-7.webp
    134.8 KB · Views: 2,241
  • Untitled-8.webp
    Untitled-8.webp
    102.7 KB · Views: 2,206
Author
Jaxel
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

4.36 star(s) 11 ratings

More resources from Jaxel

Latest updates

1. Version 1.7.0 CHANGELOG

The [MEDIO] bb-code has been deprecated! It has been replaced with Save Changes Run the...
  2. Version 1.6.9 CHANGELOG

Updated the following broken services: CollegeHumor, GameSpot, MetaCafe, Twitch and UStream. The...
  3. Version 1.6.8a HOTFIX

This is a HOTFIX, so if you already have 1.6.8, you don't need to run the upgrade script, just...

Latest reviews

Great plugin which suits our needs very nicely! I'm glad to have found it for my forums and am very happy with the way it works for us except I really wish it pulled YouTube tags over for our users... even if optionally.
Best addon for media entertainment communities that are on the youtube platform! Definitely recommended!
Excellent add-on! I sifted through dozens of WordPress video plug-ins before realizing none of them did what I needed them to do. I came back to XenForo add-ons and found this one. It is awesome. Looks good, easy to use and easy to setup. Beats the "official" Media add-on for videos hands down. Very pleased and will be buying the brand removal simply to support the author.
Amazing product. Absolutely love this for my users. If I had any constructive criticism though, It would be to include a theater mode feature, similar to the one in XenRio- as well as the ability to auto-collapse media details when viewing media submissions. I don't believe that would be too hard to do, given Jaxel's display of experience- and theater mode already existing.

Wishes aside though. I very highly recommend this add-on, it's very well worth it! :)
I LOVE this add on, it was perfect for our needs to create a video library.

HOWEVER, the route of this add on is media/, the same route (filtered route) as XFMG. Since this add on only supports video and not images, it would be more logical to change to route to video/ to avoid future conflicts with other add ons. Also, "keywords" in this add on are basically tags, it would be ideal in my opinion if it supported the use of XenForo's built in tagging system instead of creating it's own.

For my purposes, I just filtered the route to video/ and changed every phrase that says "media" to "video" and I'm just ecstatic.

If the changes above were in place, I'd have given this a 5 star rating... either way though, I'm quite happy.
Jaxel
Jaxel
You can use the built in XenForo route changer to change the route to whatever you want... XFMG's default route is actually not "media" either... they use a route changer to change it to media.
For all future buyers, there is one little thing that drives me crazy, it's not so bad after finding it, but.... the actual admin secion of this app IS NOT in the admin section of the website, you have to give yourself permissions to see it via the front end.

That being said, to the dev, having it in the front end is all great and everything, but you should specify that in the overview so people don't spend hours looking for it.
Amazing support. Jaxel spent days helping me figure out how to get this plugin to work with my specific setup. Thanks Jaxel. The software is now working excellent.
Great add on but no support
Good! But there is no list of suggested video.
Another amazing plugin from Jaxel. With this and his other contributions you can truly turn Xenforo into a single suite for running your website. I cannot recommend Xenforo and his work enough.
Top Bottom