XF 2.1 RSS for new threads only

webmasterxl

Is there a way to produce an RSS feed with the latest threads only? I do not mean "lastest posts" or "threads with the latest posts", what's meant are the latest threads in order of their appearance.

I have already searched this forum and this problem seems to exist since 2012. My future forum is highly dependable on this feature, especially since a new threads feed is used to push new threads to my social channels and to show them on my other websites. If there doesn't exist such a feature, I have to confesss that xenforo is useless for me and a waste of money.

wxl

Last edited:
Most of the RSS readers don't seem to understand ?order=post_date parameter like Wordpress, Feedburner, etc and I can't get list of threads in order of creation date :(

Has anyone experienced same? Does anyone have any suggestions or solution?

Same here, in Wordpress (using friendly URLs) it is not working, instead "Threads with latest posts" and not the "Latest Threads" are shown.

Sorry for pushing, but isn`t there really anyone from the team, who can help us out here? I mean, there should be a simple solution for providing a "New Threads RSS" even if friendly URLs are used, especially since there already exists a widget, in which only "New threads" are presented.

webmasterxl

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN PROPOSED OUTSIDE THIS THREAD:

Since I'm not xenForo customer, I can't post in thread https://xenforo.com/community/threads/rss-for-new-threads-only.173766/

Please try this with your rss feed usin WordPress rss feed widget:

• add wp rss widgt using url parameter &order=post_date
  • add this code snippet to your wp themes functions.php

Code:

add_filter('wp_feed_options', function($feed, $url) {
$feed->enable_order_by_date(false);
}, 10, 2);

and now you should have "Latest Threads" rss feed in your wp site.

I didn't try it yet ...

Top Bottom