XF 2.0 Need direction on rebuilding an XF2 installation...

ps23Rick

Long story, but we setup an XF2 install a handful of weeks ago from scratch. Added a few Themehouse add-ons (Nodes & eventually Q&A, and their UI.X theme).. Found an issue with the Nodes & Q&A package not getting along and their support hadn't seen that issue. Then XF 2.0.1 came out. I felt that there was something wonky in our installation somewhere. I made a tar file of the forum tree and backed up the DB without issue. I tried upgrading the XF package the old fashioned way and screwed something up.. Long story short I decided to roll-back to the snapshot mentioned above and couldn't get it working. Eventually I had the hosting company restore from a nightly snapshot. That kinda sorta works but logins & registrations are DOA for some reason.

So.. Here's what I need your help with. I want to start with an XF 2.0.1 vanilla installation, add in the same add-ons (Nodes,Q&A, UI.X theme), load back in the config files (XML I believe) that were tailored over the last few weeks, load in the database content and let-r-rip..

So.. I need help with ordering and what files & where to get them from for the various settings & config stuff.. I'm assuming that I'm not the only sole who's done this.. I'm really hoping I don't lose anything... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

I have responded to your tickets.

The easiest and quickest solution would be to do a new installation and an XF2 to XF2 import, to restore the original members, threads, posts, etc.

Top Bottom