BbCode pages

BbCode pages [Paid] 1.2.1

No permission to buy ($25.00)
Not really a bug but a constraint of this addon to have in mind: As I just ran into the issue once more while creating a lengthy FAQ-page using it and it is not mentioned in the description of the addon I post here the learnings from from another thread:

While pages are not limited to a max number of characters
In a page node?

The only character limit is for posts and the maximum value is set in the options.

with using this addon they will be. The max limit is whatever value is set in

ACP->Options->Messages-> Maximum message length
bb-code content all has the same character limit; and my bb-code pages add-on doesn't override the max message length when rendering/saving pages.

Which by default ist "just" 15.000 characters. Not enough for me. It is no drama if you know about it and if you know where and how to change the limit. It is a bit unfortunate that it is then either all or nothing - if you rise the limit for pages forum members will, as a consequence, be able to write very long posts. But possibly only very few will do if any at all. So more of a theoretical problem. You could also rise the limit only temporarily until your page has been finalized and successfully saved and then lower it again. Just that you would need to rise it again if you want to change something on the page.

I tend to run the message limit at about 200000 characters (or about 50k words of lightly formatted content) so I never really noticed this.

I'll need to consider adding a separate limit for bb-code pages, but that content limit shows up elsewhere too

Top Bottom