Similar to the Facebook integration and Google integration options, you can use Twitter integration to allow users to register or log in with their Twitter account. This can help reduce the friction of creating an account or remembering login details, leading to increased engagement.
Logging in via Twitter will be enabled when Twitter application details are set in the Options > Twitter Integration section. In this help page, we'll walk through creating and configuring the Twitter application for use with XenForo.
Creating the Twitter Application
- Browse to https://apps.twitter.com/ and log in with your Twitter account.
- After logging in, click the Create New App button.
- Fill out the form as necessary:
- The name and description will be displayed to users when they attempt to register via Twitter.
- The website and callback URL should both be set to the Board URL value set in XenForo. It's very important that the correct domain is entered here. Registration will only work if the request comes from the domain entered here.
- After creating the application, you will be redirected to a page displaying information about the application. Click the Settings tab.
- On the settings page, check Allow this application to be used to Sign in with Twitter. Double check that the Callback URL is correct and then click the Update Settings button.
- Now select the Keys and Access Tokens tab and click the Create my access token button.
- On the same page, make a note of your Consumer Key (API Key) and Consumer Secret (API Secret). Copy these values into the respective fields in the Options > Twitter Integration section of the XenForo control panel.
- Finally, test your integration. You can do this via XenForo by going to your account and choosing the Connected Accounts option and attempting to associate your Twitter account.