Zipped - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

I've installed XenBase 1.4.3, Zipped light and dark styles as child.

When I modified a style properties in XenBase, the changes are not inherited in the Zipped child styles.

Is this normal? Do I have to customize both child themes individually?

Thanks

I've installed XenBase 1.4.3, Zipped light and dark styles as child.

When I modified a style properties in XenBase, the changes are not inherited in the Zipped child styles.

Is this normal? Do I have to customize both child themes individually?

Thanks

You don't want to modify XenBase at all, are you wanting to run both the Light and Dark versions?

So put your setup like this:

• XenBase (don't modify at all)
    • Zipped(child of XenBase)
      • Create new style naming it whatever you want(put all your edits in here)
        • Import the dark style as a child of your freshly created new style
This will make it so in future updates all of the fixes/improvements will trickle down to your custom styles. Also if you put any edits in you can try to keep them all inside the child of Zipped(which would be the light version).

Thanks for your help Russ :)

Here's how I've setup the themes. does it make sense? I should make all modifications in the "RCTen Light" right ?

upload_2014-12-15_14-19-44.webp

Thanks for your help Russ :)

Here's how I've setup the themes. does it make sense? I should make all modifications in the "RCTen Light" right ?

View attachment 91832

Yep, of course you'll want to be careful when editing colors. If you hard set a color on your RCTEn Light color to #FFF, then you may need to adjust it on the dark style potentially.

But if you're doing things like... adding new nav tabs, ads other things in the templates it will definitely carry down to the dark style easily and nicely :)

OK thanks for your help, this is really appreciated :)

One last question... Can I rename "Zipped dark" to something more significant for my members?

OK thanks for your help, this is really appreciated :)

One last question... Can I rename "Zipped dark" to something more significant for my members?

Yep :) you can name it anything. In the future for upgrades you'll simply import and overwrite XenBase, then Zipped.

Of course back up the styles before any upgrade but let me know if you have any other questions.

I have been using this theme for few days now and it is AMAZING!!!
Support is great as well.
Haven't had any issues, and it was very easy to use it. My site looks beautiful.

I have been using this theme for few days now and it is AMAZING!!!
Support is great as well.
Haven't had any issues, and it was very easy to use it. My site looks beautiful.

Appreciate the kind words :), a nice little update coming shortly for 1.4.4.

I need little help with upgrading...

I've uploaded the style folder to my server

Now I need to import the style-XenBase.xml file, should I import it as a child of style or overwrite xenbase 1.4.3 style?

Thanks

I need little help with upgrading...

I've uploaded the style folder to my server

Now I need to import the style-XenBase.xml file, should I import it as a child of style or overwrite xenbase 1.4.3 style?

Thanks

Ideally all of your edits are in a custom child of Zipped.

Next and first off as always export your current setup, xenbase/zipped/custom style.

To upgrade simply import and overwrite XenBase. Followed by importing and overwriting Zipped.

All updates and improvements trickle down to your custom style.

Ideally all of your edits are in a custom child of Zipped.

Next and first off as always export your current setup, xenbase/zipped/custom style.

To upgrade simply import and overwrite XenBase. Followed by importing and overwriting Zipped.

All updates and improvements trickle down to your custom style.

Thanks for the help

I've overwritten the Xenbase and Zipped styles.

What should I do with the style-Zipped-Dark.xml file?

Thanks for the help

I've overwritten the Xenbase and Zipped styles.

What should I do with the style-Zipped-Dark.xml file?

No changes for Zipped Dark in the past update. I try to minimize any edits on Zipped Dark due to the setup of all the styles.

Is it normal I've lost some of the modifications I've made to the light and dark styles?

Background image, few color palettes....

Is it normal I've lost some of the modifications I've made to the light and dark styles?

Background image, few color palettes....

Can you send me a screenshot of your style setup? You can do it in a conversation with me if you'd like.

I just realized it still says version 1.4.3....

View attachment 97377

That's not it, style names don't overwrite when you upgrade them. We removed the style version in 1.4.4 to avoid any further confusion.

Your setup is right.... but if you did the edits in Zipped instead of RCTen Light (the ones that reverted) then that would make them revert back to the stock style.

I could try to take a further look with appearance access(temp account).

Top Bottom