XF 1.5 You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Fred.

I think it this is since the last update, al new members permissions are set to no.
The user group permission is set right. Older users are ok.
New users just get

Code:
Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Where do I have to look for the problem? How can fix the permissions for these users?
I didn't change anything.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Are the members in more than one user group?

Try running the permissions analyzer for one of the affected members to see what is returned.

Is it for a particular page?

Are the members in more than one user group?

Try running the permissions analyzer for one of the affected members to see what is returned.

Is it for a particular page?
No, only one usergroup "Registered"
It returns No for every permission.

No, for everything. forum list, thread view,...

And it only affects new users?

Do you have any add-ons installed, specifically new ones since the problem started?
It sounds like an add-on may be involved.

I think I only installed [by xenMade.com] Link Directory
Disabled it for now, I also disabled Bd Social share.

Should it be fixed by disabling the add-on?
After disabling the add-ons same result. No permission.

No, I doubt it will be fixed by disabling those add-ons; they may not even be involved.

Even if you do identify an add-on responsible, disabling it probably won't resolve the permissions corruption, which is what it sounds like there is.

Try editing one of the members individual user permissions - just toggle a permission on and save then off and save again.
If you run the analyzer again is it now correct?

I have the following add-ons installed
Code:
Installed Add-ons

Ads Manager

Auto File Health Check

AVForums.com - Competitions

AVForums.com - Moderator Checkpoint System

Batch Update Tags

Digital Point Better Analytics

Register Email

Search Log

XenForo Media Gallery

[bd] Attachment Store

[bd] Cache
1.0.6b

[bd] Social Share

[bd] Widget Framework
2.6.0-dev

[by PiX-house.com] Dead Link Management

[by PiX-house.com] Keyword Management

[by xenMade.com] Link Directory
2.0a

[FreddysHouse] Logger

[FreddysHouse] Two-Factor Authentication

[SurreyForum] XenKingDir - Business / Links Directory

@Fred. Try rebuilding the user cache again. Had this exact prob along with few other admins. Check my post history for the thread - sorry on the phone and on a plane right now.

It mist be link directory as i have that addon just installed recently too... @au lait

An easy way to check would be to disable that add-on and register a new account and check if the permissions are OK.

If they are, enable the add-on again and register a new account and check the permissions.

Yeah. The problem occurs once a new user registers and then confirms the account. Everything gets set to no. I put a test user in.the same registered user ground and was able to see that they had diff permissions. Before the user confirms they can view pages. Really really bad bug...if a new registrant hadnt msged me via contact form you wouldnt be able to find out.

Ill test tonight or tomorrow. Its one of @au lait addons for sure...from the above list that op has they seem to be common with both of us.

Try editing one of the members individual user permissions - just toggle a permission on and save then off and save again.
If you run the analyzer again is it now correct?

That fixed the permissions for that user (y)

@Fred. Try rebuilding the user cache again. Had this exact prob along with few other admins. Check my post history for the thread - sorry on the phone and on a plane right now.

It mist be link directory as i have that addon just installed recently too... @au lait

Done, All permissions fixed.

I'm going to blame @au lait :p;)

Thank you guys for the fast response. (y) :cool:

I am not sure if that problem is related to the link directory add-on because I have that add-on not installed and some of my users messaged me that they randomly get the following message when trying to access a random page on the site.

Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

The permission sets of the affected users seem to look not any different than from other users. I am rebuilding the user cache hoping that it will solve the problem.

Top Bottom