XF 2.2 Yikes! What happened to my forum?

PatriotGB

Forum is GONE! Earlier this morning it was normal. Then moments ago, I got a blank screen with an error message. I had not changed anything.

I'm getting this message on my forum:

Template Compilation Error
public:forum_list -

And, this on my Admin Control Panel home page.

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL fetch error [2014]: Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230

XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 198
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 136
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->fetchRowValues() in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 95
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->fetchAliasGrouped() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 1394
XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetch() in src/XF/Repository/SessionActivity.php at line 57
XF\Repository\SessionActivity->getOnlineStaffList() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Index.php at line 110
XF\Admin\Controller\Index->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2352
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

What's going on?

Last edited:
I think I figured it out. I had NOT made any changes. But, in my ACP, I went to another page (Nodes) just to see if I could see it. It came up, but there was an error at the top. It was cryptic, but I noticed the error that mentioned Tapatalk.

So, I disabled that add-on, and PRESTO! Everything is back to normal! Phew!

Yikes... for some reason, Tapatalk shut down my forum!

Yikes... for some reason, Tapatalk shut down my forum!
Speaking of TappityyTalkie... did they ever change their stance on uploads from the app having to be hosted on their platform by default?
Shortly after they did their "forced" image hosting... I dumped them on the forum... of course, it didn't help that I have a lot of other features active on the web interface that TappityTalkie app did not support.

EDIT:
Yep, see they did change it so it can be either way by the users choice... problem I have is if that user deletes their account... where do their TT hosted images end up?
Also, it looks like THEY push ads out via their app to your users unless you see fit to provide them the privilege of taking $10 a month from you for removing something that many don't even have on their own sites.
And to be brutally honest... when ForumRunner was not linked to vB... I preferred it over TT.

Last edited:
And to be brutally honest... when ForumRunner was not linked to vB... I preferred it over TT.
For sure--I used it and liked it better (including the developer and support being more friendly and available than TT), but didn't vB just end up abandoning it shortly after purchase? It seemed like it sank without a trace. Not that I looked all that hard, as I'd move to XF in 2011 and 2012 (different sites) and users became accustomed to not using it at all.

Top Bottom