1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yabb to xenForo & CMS integration

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by mdneilson, Dec 3, 2011.

1. mdneilson

mdneilson New Member

I am looking for a forum software to build a full site from a forum community currently running yabb 2.2. Is it possible to convert from yabb, and how difficult is it?

Also, I'd like to fully integrate (visual & user bridge) the forum and CMS (worpress or joomla). Again, if possible, how easy is this process? Thanks.
  2. el canadiano

el canadiano Active Member

Since XenForo does not have a YaBB converter, you would have to convert your YaBB forum to phpBB 3, vBulletin 3/4, or IPB and then converting that to XenForo. There does exist a WordPress bridge, but I do not personally use it.
  3. mdneilson

mdneilson New Member

Does anyone know of a visually integrated site using Wordpress and xenForo that I can take a look at?

Also, I've been trying to look at styles in the forums, but I am getting a permissions error, why?
  4. Liam D.

Liam D. Active Member

You need to be a license holder to view those threads, along with a few others.
  5. mdneilson

mdneilson New Member

What features does the Wordpress bridge have, or is it just user sync?

Can xenforo be visually integrated with a wordpress theme?
    I've seen a few xenforo styles, but they all look like the default with different colors/icons/etc. I don't want to pay $140 for my site to look like a forum, I want my forum to look like my site. Thanks.
  6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Comment integration.
    xenscripts version allows you to use WP cache programs.

XenDynamic pulls XF CSS into Wordpress, but that's not what you want.
    You'd be best to just style xenforo to look like your WP yourself.