Xygen - A general community

I just wanted to point out that I tried to signup to your forum, but your spam addon prevented
me from signing up, and I am not a spammer, in fact I do not even post on forums often; My
suggestion is that you dump your spam addon, and set new registration to be approved then have
them PM admin/mod for approval, otherwise your mod will prevent perfectly good members
from signing up, so right now it seems you are throwing out the baby with the bath water....

Thanks

usAdultAds,

what was the error that occurred?

Also Andre, what spam countermeasures are you using/ what mod?

it said I was rejected saying that I was a spammer....
The only reason I can think of is that you have some
type of spam addon in place, but I am not one to go
around spamming the internet, I do not have time for such things....
I suppose it could also be flagging certain keywords, but
I am not sure what all the spam mod checks for to determine
who is a spammer...checking IP's are useless as they often rotate,
I rarely have used the email that I was signing up with, so my
only thought is that it may flag certain keywords either in
the user name or keywords in the email....

usAdultAds,

what was the error that occurred?

Also Andre, what spam countermeasures are you using/ what mod?

I have no records of you being a client of Xenique, so you should not have a copy of our Xenique framework. You've also removed the copyright which you are not to do unless you purchase branding.

I have no records of you being a client of Xenique, so you should not have a copy of our Xenique framework. You've also removed the copyright which you are not to do unless you purchase branding.
Oh, I'm sorry. Please check your inbox.
I just wanted to point out that I tried to signup to your forum, but your spam addon prevented
me from signing up, and I am not a spammer, in fact I do not even post on forums often; My
suggestion is that you dump your spam addon, and set new registration to be approved then have
them PM admin/mod for approval, otherwise your mod will prevent perfectly good members
from signing up, so right now it seems you are throwing out the baby with the bath water....

Thanks
I thought I changed that earlier, strange. Anyhow I guess it's fixed now.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Liking the categorystrips especially the purple-ish colour and also the design of the navigation. Overall a clean looking style, nice work. :)
Thanks for the feedback! We just changed our theme to my edit of iSkin however, as I did, without knowing, used a premium theme framework to make the old one. I'm thinking about buying it though, so it won't be too long till it returns!

Q0CtWZswjGs0.png

Ever since it's start in March our community has kept growing. We have gathered a member-base of great people and engaged in conversation and discussion, but with the growing post count and number of users and the administrator's final exams coming up it's time to get some help. We are therefore going to hire a couple of moderators to help around the board.

4nHY3JT6lGs0.png

Xygen isn't the largest forum around, so being a moderator isn't as challenging as at other forums. We don't have many people that break the rules, so the job is much more keeping the community engaged in discussions. To put it simply your job is to post, then post some more. Xygen is a general forum, so there's always something to post about.

cLbZaMQpnGs0.png

You can apply by either sending my a message here or on Xygen (where my username is André), but I'll guarantee that I'll reply quicker if you contact me on Xygen. There is no set application form, so it's just to say whatever you believe to be relevant. I would suggest to include your name, country and experience at least, and maybe a short bio of yourself.

Top Bottom