[XTR] Today in History

[XTR] Today in History [Paid] 1.0.5

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Helo @XDinc

Two more questions:

• Can we have the "History" option like a normal post (at edited posts)?
  • If we disable the addon in the future, it's possible to see historical events like a thread?

Thanks

XDinc updated [XTR] Today in History with a new update entry:

Changelog 1.0.3

Obviously, when I released this add-on, thoughts were just based on the wishes of our first client. But I have to say that there will be extraordinary changes in the structure with this update.

If you have customers who use them and support you with own suggestions, this is the most valuable thing you have.
Many thanks to @sbj for this update and the planned next release.

@sbj If there are any items I missed, I will leave it to you to put its write...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Helo @XDinc

Two more questions:

• If we disable the addon in the future, it's possible to see historical events like a thread?

Thanks

Hello @foiovitor sorry for my delay,
Structurally, this add-on does not support the feature you want.
But you may use the "Historical Event Custom URL" (If enabled, you have an option to enter a URL where the historical event details will be shown. Example: Like as thread URL.)

Regards.

Hello @foiovitor sorry for my delay,
Structurally, this add-on does not support the feature you want.
But you may use the "Historical Event Custom URL" (If enabled, you have an option to enter a URL where the historical event details will be shown. Example: Like as thread URL.)

Regards.
Thanks, and about
To see how edit and was changeg in an edit

Thanks, and about
To see how edit and was changeg in an edit

You cannot see the change logs "like a normal post (at edited posts)" yet :( but I'll check what we can do about it.

I am very happy about how this addon is evolving. The support is great, the dev listens to suggestions and overall it is just great for niches which have a lot of "dates".
It doesn't need to be "birthdays or days of deaths", but like "today the war in xyz happened" or "today the first Nintento was published" or "today marks the day of Space rocketship flying to moon" or whatever.

This addon is one step away from being a complete package. All it needs to have is a calendar and done.

I have a couple of issues with the addon. Installed latest version on the latest version of Xenforo.

• For some reason i cannot get the "Event Icon" to work. Does it have to be in a special format and size? I tried various attempts and could get nothing to save. Therefore doesn't work on the main history page or the widgets.
  • Below is my history page, for some reason 3 entries are showing up when it should only be showing today's - 1st February ones. Fixed that by selecting "display only today in history" in the options.
1612193228001.png

A couple of suggestions:
  • If events only entered with URL links then streamline the main history page a bit as above looks quite messy.
  • Sort events by year date too, as widgets show them either in order created or random. Note on widget option it doesn't seem to make a difference if you set them to display by order created or random. They always appear in order created. Possible bug?
1612193593919.png

Thanks again, Craig

Last edited:
@Craigr and @foiovitor

I am very glad that your thoughts and feedback.
You know that I'm especially interested in solving the problems you are experiencing. I try to show this interest to all my friends.

Make sure all XenForo requirements are met for the add-ons to work as planned. Do not hesitate to contact us anytime to solve problems.
I would like to point out that I have tested all options.
I may say all your suggestions will be included in the next version. (y)
Thanks.

Note the event icon bug that i posted above only occurs when a customs URL is entered. I have a workaround if anyone else has same issue.
Create an event, but don't put a URL in the box. Once it has been created edit the event, then you can put in a URL.

Another couple of suggestions:
If Historical Event Custom URL is entered then could you have it so that nothing needs to be written in the Historical Event Content box. Guessing it should work like that, but it doesn't work if you edit a history event and add a URL.
Auto approve history events added by administrator. At moment for every event I add, I then have to click on the main page to approve it for display.

@Craigr ,
Thanks for your comment.

New version will be released as soon as possible.
I'm working to integration of calendar. If there is no event image, you will have a new interface option for a more organized look.
You may sure all your suggestions will be evaluate in the new version. (y)

Hope, I will release the new version this weekend. I would like to thanks all our customers waiting for new release for their patience.
I know, It's been a long time, but we've made major structural changes.

When I release the new version, I will add an extra 1 month extension to all friends waiting during this period.
Thanks for all suggestions.

Another suggestion if possible. Rather than list the date on the Today In History page or the widget, it would be nice if it could say how many years ago the event occurred.
1616612047641.webp

Also is there any way to add event fields to the main history listing or the widgets?

Dear friends,
I am very sorry for this situation and I could not give support due to health problems. (Covid-19).
Finally, my family walked out of hospital today. I hope I will continue to support as soon as possible.

First of all, I promised about license extensions.

When I release the new version, I will add an extra 1 month extension to all friends waiting during this period.

I added an extra 3 months to all "Today History" customers. (Many thanks for your patience, you may also check your license extension.).
I want to quickly pick up where we left off.

I would like to say new release will be an advanced update,

1616697376820.webp

1616697449400.webp

I will do my best to meet your expectations.

Historical_Event_Create_Thread.webp

Please take care of your family and yourself.

Dear friends,
I am very sorry for this situation and I could not give support due to health problems. (Covid-19).
Finally, my family walked out of hospital today. I hope I will continue to support as soon as possible.
Hope all ok now with you and your family. Update looks great. (y)

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

XDinc updated [XTR] Today in History with a new update entry:

Changelog 1.0.4

First of all, I would like to thanks all friends (I don't like to call to them customers).
They didn't receive support for a long time to this product by my health problems. Now I'm OK and fighting for them! (y)

But they were always being there with their good wishes whenever I need a friend. It is such a relief to know that I will always have they in my corner.

There is a lot to talk about in this update, but the most valuable thing for us is not to lose your trust.
Also, all friends...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Helo @XDinc

Two more questions:

Thanks

Your suggestions have been added. Many thanks! (y)

Top Bottom