[XTR] Custom Post Fields

[XTR] Custom Post Fields [Paid] 1.0.7

No permission to buy ($25.00)
XDinc updated [XTR] Custom Post Fields with a new update entry:

Changelog 1.0.5

1.0.5 Changelog
  • Added new phrases.
  • Removed the "Allow/disallow upload attachments" general option.
  • Added "Disallow upload attachments" option to Advanced Forum options (Now, you may control this option per node.)
  • Updated template modifications.
  • Updated custom post field cache system.
Recommended
  • PHP 8.0+
XenForo 2.2.x and PHP 8.1+ Compatibility Update
  • Confirm XF 2.2.9+ Support
  • PHP 8.1 compatibility update.

Read the rest of this update entry...

XDinc updated [XTR] Custom Post Fields with a new update entry:

Changelog 1.0.6

1.0.6 Changelog
  • Added enable or disable filter option.
  • Updated template modifications.
Recommended
  • PHP 8.1
XenForo 2.2.x and PHP 8.1+ Compatibility Update
  • Confirm XF 2.2.11+ Support
  • PHP 8.1 compatibility update.
Note: For the filter option, some of the codes are directly used from the "[OzzModz] Thread Field Filter" add-on codes. Thanks to @Painbaker for his support and permission.

Read the rest of this update entry...

No problem, whenever you need support, just post or PM me.
Appreciate it @XDinc! And now that I've spent more extensive time configuring things, I do have an issue that I can't really explain away as a configuration mistake on my part.

My understanding with this add-on is that, to restrict which forums a custom post field appears in, you just select the 'Applicable forums' in the field editor, and it will consequently appear in the selected forums, and only those forums. However, I am finding that any custom post fields I create (irrespective of the 'Applicable forums' I selected) are appearing in error in other forums, beyond those that I've selected.

Here's an example - this is a screenshot from my Feedback forum:

Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 14.43.57.webp

Neither of these fields should be appearing, as the first has its applicable forums as (None) and the second has its applicable forums as General, and yet, they both appear. If I fill these out in the Feedback forum and submit, the custom fields do not appear in the post (which is correct behavior).

Upon investigating further, this seems to be happening specifically in 'article' forums, 'question' forums, and 'suggestion' forums. In the standard 'general discussion' forums, I am not seeing this problem. Furthermore, this is happening with XenForo's default theme, so it is not an issue with my custom theme. So I am hypothesizing at this point that it is either a bug or an absence of logic to handle those forum types.

This addon is not working for us at all. Not with the standard theme and not with ThemeHouse theme. Not with standard post type and not with article post type. XenForo version 2.2.13.

1. The first post in an thread has no post fields. That is ok but it is not possible for an administrator to edit such post. Once we try to save an edited post the not existing post fields are required and it is not possible to store the edited post.

2. We configured the option "Only allow using available custom post fields in this node". It means no message is entered. Once a reply is posted with all post fields there is a "null" message shown in the thread, while the post fields are not showing up.

Can somebody please help with these issues? Currently the plugins is not usable for us.

We opened a support ticket on the xentr site more than three days ago, there is no reaction so far.

Thanks for any help.

This addon has several bugs. We described them in detail in a support ticket. But instead of fixing the bugs XDinc changed the status of this addon to "unmaintained". We asked several times for a bugfix but we did not get any answer for seven weeks now!

PostFileds.webp

Waste of money! Addon with bugs and no support!

We asked for a refund because we would not have bought an unmaintained addon with bugs. We will see if there is any reaction to this request.

The add-on works great for me (using default theme). @XDinc, hope you'll reconsider maintaining this or at least ensure it's passed along to another developer.

Top Bottom