XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Been a while since I updated everything and site has crashed and is all messed on both WordPress and forum end. If I use default Xneforo theme or a different WordpPess theme it's all fine.

XPress WP theme and WP plugin shows Version 1.1.0 Patch Level 2 but forum shows [TH] XPress 1.1.4 Patch Level 3. Should they match? I remember there being a WP installation for both plugin and theme but it's not there? I'm running UI.X2 also which was also updated to latest version and is broken too, so need to probably go to that help forum too or have a support ticket for both.

ThemeHouse updated XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.5 released!

Changes:
  • Fixed an issue that caused thread creation from a WordPress post to be cut-off in mid-text/mid-link-text which would cause the "Continued Reading" link to be broken.
Also, here are the fixes for XLink version 1.0.9 which was also released today.
  • Fixed an issue that caused phrases to show when searching keywords on the search page
  • Fixed an issue that caused criteria options in notices to not be able to be selected

Read the rest of this update entry...

If your score keeps being too low, you can consider switching off the XPress WordPress theme to a native WordPress theme. The XenForo theme itself has a rather bad performance already, if you add custom design elements (e.g. custom/3rd party theme) and add-ons on top of that and then pack that on WordPress, which is in itself already very badly optimized, performance just goes down as a given. By using a native theme, you can retain the majority of the bridges functionality (you effectively use shared navigation and BB code rendering in comments), while getting rid of the performance implications of all that additional weight.

hello, I read that the jetpack WP plugin does not work elsewhere in the forum, is this true?
also what WP theme can we use since you replied above about your theme might slow down XenForo and WP ?
im ready to pull the trigger but can not afford to pay 299 plus 199 per hour for 2 hours of work to create my header ( menu) differently ?
that's enormous amount of money to get a header - menu to a different look.
so I need to install WP - and move XF to /forums or /community first before you install the plugin.

just was looking for an example theme if you can point me in the right direction, then I can purchase and install the theme so when you all install xpress it will use the theme header from WP. unless I misunderstood what you meant above about slowness.

I use UIX 2 pro now and just starting out no users just a fresh site im working on.

thanks @Lukas W. if you can give me more info :)

Spiro

I'm interested in buying this bridge software but I've got few questions (I couldn't read all 88 pages):

1) Future updates. What will happen when XenForo releases a 3.0 version or WP releases a 6.0 version? Will my subscription include these updates?

2) If so, how will these updates be made?

3) After integration, which software's seo structure will be dominant? For example, XF uses .../threads/thread-name.1 and WP uses .../blog-post Which one will be used for threads / posts?

4) What will happen to WP add-ons? For example, I'm using MyThemeShop's Shortcode Pro extension, will its formatting disappear?

Thanks for your answers.

hello, I read that the jetpack WP plugin does not work elsewhere in the forum, is this true?
also what WP theme can we use since you replied above about your theme might slow down XenForo and WP ?
im ready to pull the trigger but can not afford to pay 299 plus 199 per hour for 2 hours of work to create my header ( menu) differently ?
that's enormous amount of money to get a header - menu to a different look.
so I need to install WP - and move XF to /forums or /community first before you install the plugin.

just was looking for an example theme if you can point me in the right direction, then I can purchase and install the theme so when you all install xpress it will use the theme header from WP. unless I misunderstood what you meant above about slowness.

I use UIX 2 pro now and just starting out no users just a fresh site im working on.

thanks @Lukas W. if you can give me more info :)

Spiro
I'm interested in buying this bridge software but I've got few questions (I couldn't read all 88 pages):

1) Future updates. What will happen when XenForo releases a 3.0 version or WP releases a 6.0 version? Will my subscription include these updates?

2) If so, how will these updates be made?

3) After integration, which software's seo structure will be dominant? For example, XF uses .../threads/thread-name.1 and WP uses .../blog-post Which one will be used for threads / posts?

4) What will happen to WP add-ons? For example, I'm using MyThemeShop's Shortcode Pro extension, will its formatting disappear?

Thanks for your answers.
Thank you both for your questions! Allow me to review them with our team and then I'll be in touch! :)

Started an install with the latest version. When I tried activating the Xpress plugin on wordpress, I got this error:

Code:
Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
    Warning: require(/mnt/data/Volumes/www/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/src/XLink.php on line 98
    Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/mnt/data/Volumes/www/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /www/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/src/XLink.php on line 98

There is no "vendor" directory in the zip I downloaded, but it's in a previous version. Was it forgotten?

Started an install with the latest version. When I tried activating the Xpress plugin on wordpress, I got this error:

Code:
Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
    Warning: require(/mnt/data/Volumes/www/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/src/XLink.php on line 98
    Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/mnt/data/Volumes/www/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /www/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/src/XLink.php on line 98

There is no "vendor" directory in the zip I downloaded, but it's in a previous version. Was it forgotten?
Would you be able to open a ticket for this please?
Any word and also the iPhone 11 Pro Max issue I asked about

View attachment 247612View attachment 247612
Thank you for reporting this, I believe a member of the team has been looking into this today.

I need help

We switched to a new server and made a 1: 1 copy, since then the following XLINK error message has always been received:

Authentication failed.

Code:
{"code":"rest_cannot_create_user","message":"Du bist leider nicht berechtigt, neue Benutzer anzulegen.","data":{"status":401}}

What could that be, because we haven't changed anything and it worked before that

Thanks for help

I need help

We switched to a new server and made a 1: 1 copy, since then the following XLINK error message has always been received:

Authentication failed.

Code:
{"code":"rest_cannot_create_user","message":"Du bist leider nicht berechtigt, neue Benutzer anzulegen.","data":{"status":401}}

What could that be, because we haven't changed anything and it worked before that

Thanks for help
might help if you translate the german

ah sorry:

"Unfortunately you are not authorized to create new users."

#0 /var/customers/webs/ReneS/forum.hardwareinside.de/src/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Middleware.php(66): GuzzleHttp\Exception\RequestException::create(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Request), Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Response))
#1 /var/customers/webs/ReneS/forum.hardwareinside.de/src/vendor/guzzlehttp/promises/src/FulfilledPromise.php(41): GuzzleHttp\Middleware::GuzzleHttp\{closure}(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Response))
#2 /var/customers/webs/ReneS/forum.hardwareinside.de/src/vendor/guzzlehttp/promises/src/TaskQueue.php(48): GuzzleHttp\Promise\FulfilledPromise::GuzzleHttp\Promise\{closure}()
#3 /var/customers/webs/ReneS/forum.hardwareinside.de/src/vendor/guzzlehttp/promises/src/Promise.php(248): GuzzleHttp\Promise\TaskQueue->run(true)
#4 /var/customers/webs/ReneS/forum.hardwareinside.de/src/vendor/guzzlehttp/promises/src/Promise.php(224): GuzzleHttp\Promise\Promise->invokeWaitFn()
#5 /var/customers/webs/ReneS/forum.hardwareinside.de/src/vendor/guzzlehttp/promises/src/Promise.php(62): GuzzleHttp\Promise\Promise->waitIfPending()
#6 /var/customers/webs/ReneS/forum.hardwareinside.de/src/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Client.php(131): GuzzleHttp\Promise\Promise->wait()
#7 /var/customers/webs/ReneS/forum.hardwareinside.de/src/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Client.php(89): GuzzleHttp\Client->request('post', 'https://www.har...', Array)
#8 /var/customers/webs/ReneS/forum.hardwareinside.de/src/addons/ThemeHouse/Core/Http/HttpClient/20181220.php(23): GuzzleHttp\Client->__call('post', Array)
#9 /var/customers/webs/ReneS/forum.hardwareinside.de/src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php(82): ThemeHouse\Core\Http\HttpClient->simplePost('https://www.har...', Array, Array)
#10 /var/customers/webs/ReneS/forum.hardwareinside.de/src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Account.php(110): ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Account->callAPI('/wp/v2/users', Array, 'POST', false)
#11 /var/customers/webs/ReneS/forum.hardwareinside.de/src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/Job/GenerateRemoteAccountsForUser.php(88): ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Account->createRemoteAccount()
#12 /var/customers/webs/ReneS/forum.hardwareinside.de/src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): ThemeHouse\XLink\Job\GenerateRemoteAccountsForUser->run(7.9999990463257)
#13 /var/customers/webs/ReneS/forum.hardwareinside.de/src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9999990463257)
#14 /var/customers/webs/ReneS/forum.hardwareinside.de/src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9999990463257)
#15 /var/customers/webs/ReneS/forum.hardwareinside.de/job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#16 {main}

I need help

Authentication failed.

Code:

Thanks for help
Moving to a different domain or subfolder is a very sensitive thing regarding the X-products. I´m sorting out issues with Will too since last week and we had made really good process, even when it´s sometimes a "Solve one - get nother two for free" game (I don´t know, how many times he slammed his head on the desk, when noticing this, but heck - we´re not done yet, but Will is really doing his upmost and I´m really pleased. So, while Dalton takes this back to the team and your problem is obviously related to user privileges, you may want to triplecheck, wether
  1. you are trying to update a user that is defined as protected user in XFs config.php (even when this shouldn´t be a problem at all)
  2. your own account has sufficient privileges to alter and create users in all instances (Wordpress + XF). Make sure the XF user you are using isn´t only an admin, but has the appropriate rights in admin.php?admins . It´s a common mistake to add a user as admin, but then to forget to provide that admin account with sufficient privileges. In doubt, make your user a superadmin and try again.
Do you have log entries in the XLink error log or the server log?

i need help, what is the problem

Code:
ThemeHouse\XLink\APIException: API call to 'Home' failed: Authentication failed. in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php at line 98

ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Entity->callAPI() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Entity.php at line 108
    ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Entity->loadPosts() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Entity.php at line 78
    ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Entity->loadRemoteEntities() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/Admin/Controller/Entities.php at line 75
    ThemeHouse\XLink\Admin\Controller\Entities->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2326
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 488
    XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Last edited:
Top Bottom