XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Hi, anyone else getting error in Google Search Console? They say my front page (of XPress) is not mobile friendly because the text is too small and the clickable items are too close.

BUMP! I'm having this same problem, causing some issues with Google Search Console and my search results. Can anyone weigh in here?

Just wanna say team that the current install went perfectly well on my site for plexguide.com. I stopped using it awhile ago, but many of the fixes have been implemented including that your uploads install the files throughout.

Here is a suggestion I have. Some of us probably just want a portal and you have that Featured Thing (which is not useful). I use WP soley just to generated 5 featured things and post some announcements. I bet if you redo the featured and have an interface like this, it would help a ton. Plus being able to post into a featured thread. Just an idea!

portal.PNG

Here is a suggestion I have. Some of us probably just want a portal and you have that Featured Thing (which is not useful). I use WP soley just to generated 5 featured things and post some announcements. I bet if you redo the featured and have an interface like this, it would help a ton. Plus being able to post into a featured thread. Just an idea!
I'm unfortunately not sure I understand what you're missing or would like changed. Would you mind to elaborate a bit on what exactly you would like to see changed?

I'm unfortunately not sure I understand what you're missing or would like changed. Would you mind to elaborate a bit on what exactly you would like to see changed?

@Lukas W. , first you guys are doing great work!

Ok so here is what I'm saying. First, check out https://plexguide.com

If you look at it, I soley use XPress for a default portal interface. Nothing much of else and then publishing a few articles.

I used @jaxal's Xenporta, but it's ok.... for a portal, but doesn't cleanly provide what you want. XPress does this, but xpress is abit complex just to setup a frontpage portal. So I was excited when you guys launched Featured ... whatever it's called.

It was a flop for me because there is that navigation that's on the left of that featured that eat's up the page and has somewhat of a portal interface.

Long story short, a product that might be sucessful for you is to create something to how I have it now. People can publish articles, have the featured stories like how I have it. It's just an idea, but it's what XenForo lacks.... no intro interface. Again, I have it working with xpress... but something people I know want is a simple portal interface.

What I always fear about xpress is obviously having to run wordpress along xenforo. You already know people's plugins cause problems, then cloudflare, and if xenforo or wordpress upgrades, it may break (yes we have to backup the site). Just reasons why a default portal would be a great business product for you. Take away the headaches of wordpress.

----------
Another note, you guys have a beautiful layout... the gamer ones. I tweaked it and you can see I put a couple there and remove the gamer bottom. Just food for thought, I would strip it down and sell it as another one where you can simply change the picture and minus the gamer stuff at the bottom.

Last edited:
So I was excited when you guys launched Featured ... whatever it's called.

It was a flop for me because there is that navigation that's on the left of that featured that eat's up the page and has somewhat of a portal interface.

You could just remove the sidebar from the featured index by editing the template. If you're interested, I can look up the exact template line numbers for you.

Long story short, a product that might be sucessful for you is to create something to how I have it now. People can publish articles, have the featured stories like how I have it. It's just an idea, but it's what XenForo lacks.... no intro interface. Again, I have it working with xpress... but something people I know want is a simple portal interface.

What I always fear about xpress is obviously having to run wordpress along xenforo. You already know people's plugins cause problems, then cloudflare, and if xenforo or wordpress upgrades, it may break (yes we have to backup the site). Just reasons why a default portal would be a great business product for you. Take away the headaches of wordpress.

XPress ships with a front page template that achieves the look your currently have. @Dalton Prock can help you get it set up if you need assistance with that.

Ok so here is what I'm saying. First, check out https://plexguide.com

Beautiful page by the way! The navbar looks a bit wild with only a single icon though. If you want to remove it or add more icons, shoot us a ticket and we can help out!

Problem with changing authors in Wordpress

this is the Error

• Error: Call to undefined method stdClass::saveIfChanged()
  • /var/customers/webs/ReneS/hardwareinside.de/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/src/XPress/Action/PostUpdated.php:34

what could that be?

On a malfunctioning/not yet established link, XPress is polyfilling with an object that pretends it has most methods to avoid errors and keep the site/control panel accessible until the link is correctly established. In other words: Your platform link may be malfunctioning.

We had changed the DNS settings in the past to try something out, and then returned to the original settings after a month. Can this have caused the error? And how can we fix it? The DNS is set the same way as when the server was created.

Hello,

Currently when user registers system automatically creates two accounts (one in Wordpress and one in Xenforo) with same password.

But unfortunately this doesn't apply to password changes. (It looks like there is no feature like that). When user changes its password, he/she has to change the password on other platform manually.

Are you planning to sync passwords if user changes it on Wordpress or Xenforo side in future releases?

Thanks,
Berkin

Same Problem here and if I want to create a post and choose another author an error message appears " publication failed "

I just want single sign on capability for Wordpress <->XF2. I tried the free add-on available here: https://www.themehouse.com/wordpress/xpress-forum-user-bridge
Well, the free plugin crashed my server. I had to disable it via ftp. Its functions are all over the slow queries log! Doesn't inspire confidence. I'm so desparate for a bridge though I might pay through the nose for this and probably pay even more for a developer to help me fix the inevitable bugs. :cautious:

Is there any kind of trial or money back guarantee with this please @ThemeHouse ? The signs don't look good.

Well, the free plugin crashed my server. I had to disable it via ftp. Its functions are all over the slow queries log!
That would indicate that your WordPress or Xenforo API is responding very slow (depending on which platform crashes exactly). The WordPress API generally tends to get very laggy and slow if WordPress is loaded with a lot of 3rd party plugins or if the server does not have a lot of resources available, as it does not cache any of its results.

That would indicate that your WordPress or Xenforo API is responding very slow (depending on which platform crashes exactly). The WordPress API generally tends to get very laggy and slow if WordPress is loaded with a lot of 3rd party plugins or if the server does not have a lot of resources available, as it does not cache any of its results.
It's a very powerful server and the WP installation has only one plugin, so no, it's definitely your plugin. Didn't you read what I said about the slow query log?

Top Bottom