XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Is there a way to move the sidebar so that it starts to the right of the featured section? Right now it starts further down on the page, to the right of the articles below the featured section.

Last edited:
The CSS for the WP theme that comes with the WP/XF plugin doesn't seem to fully support Wordpress's new blocks. When I try to align images to the left or right, there's no padding, and the captions are messed up, among other issues. When was the last time the theme was updated? Thanks!

@ThemeHouse

Plz, Help me understand this.

1 - I can continue using my theme in each post and page ?

2 - Can I use the xenforo comment system on post?

2.1 - Or have a link on each post for user open a discussion thread (like xenforo resources Discussion tab )

Plz, help.

best regards

To be honest, at the beginning $70 price seems to me a little bit high

Am I right in saying there seems to have been a price hike from $70 to $299.95?

I'd love this but as a non-profit it's just too expensive for us :(

Or did the $70 refer to a lite version which may be all we need.

I have some problem with this @Mike Creuzer @ThemeHouse

Code:
ThemeHouse\XLink\APIException: API call to 'Blog' failed: Request blocked by remote installation in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php at line 81

ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Platform->callAPI() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Platform.php at line 71
ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Platform->syncSettingsToRemote() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/Admin/Controller/Platform.php at line 190
ThemeHouse\XLink\Admin\Controller\Platform->actionSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Am I right in saying there seems to have been a price hike from $70 to $299.95?

I'd love this but as a non-profit it's just too expensive for us :(

Or did the $70 refer to a lite version which may be all we need.

We require that we be able to install as the bridge simply won't work with certain configurations. Feel free to reach out and as a nonprofit we'd be happy to let you trial it and maybe a special price.

The price increase is meant to offer a more full service start to finish.

I have some problem with this @Mike Creuzer @ThemeHouse

Code:
ThemeHouse\XLink\APIException: API call to 'Blog' failed: Request blocked by remote installation in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php at line 81

ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Platform->callAPI() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Platform.php at line 71
ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Platform->syncSettingsToRemote() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/Admin/Controller/Platform.php at line 190
ThemeHouse\XLink\Admin\Controller\Platform->actionSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
Probably requires a closer look would you mind creating a ticket at our site?

Dear ThemeHouse support, :)

We would like to buy this plugin for a busy WordPress news portal.

But I couldn't find any viable information on XPress's WordPress cache plugin support.

Xenforo is pretty optimized; the puzzle is WordPress.
To run a busy/thriving WP portal, we already spent countless weeks on optimizations (some of the pages are even generated as fully static pages), and this can't be solved just merely by a server-side optimization.

Do you have any WordPress specific cache plugin (not opcode cache etc.) solution that supports this bridge?

If not, are WP generated pages are using, for example, XenForo's Redis or Memcached cache? If not can they use one of WP's Redis cache plugins?

In your search box, the WP posts/articles (we have 25.000+ of those) are searched/supported by Xenforo's enhanced search (Elastic search service)?
If not, is WP based Elastic search is supported?

It's a bit frustrating; we can't find info on these fundamental questions as (obviously), if you need a simpler portal, you will go with XenPorta 2 or similar. One (with experience) will only choose a WP bridge because of the need for something fairly advanced (that requires the WP plugin ecosystem).

Any help is much appreciated in making an informed decision.

@Dalton Prock I need just to sync users between a specific UG in xenforo and Wordpress. i don't need to sync all the users but only the ones in that UG. Is that possible with XPress lite or do I've to buy the full XPress? I don't need any other function but this one of sync users.

Dear ThemeHouse support, :)

We would like to buy this plugin for a busy WordPress news portal.

But I couldn't find any viable information on XPress's WordPress cache plugin support.

Xenforo is pretty optimized; the puzzle is WordPress.
To run a busy/thriving WP portal, we already spent countless weeks on optimizations (some of the pages are even generated as fully static pages), and this can't be solved just merely by a server-side optimization.

Do you have any WordPress specific cache plugin (not opcode cache etc.) solution that supports this bridge?

If not, are WP generated pages are using, for example, XenForo's Redis or Memcached cache? If not can they use one of WP's Redis cache plugins?

In your search box, the WP posts/articles (we have 25.000+ of those) are searched/supported by Xenforo's enhanced search (Elastic search service)?
If not, is WP based Elastic search is supported?

It's a bit frustrating; we can't find info on these fundamental questions as (obviously), if you need a simpler portal, you will go with XenPorta 2 or similar. One (with experience) will only choose a WP bridge because of the need for something fairly advanced (that requires the WP plugin ecosystem).

Any help is much appreciated in making an informed decision.
Hello, thank you for your interest in XPress.

I'd be happy to answer these questions for you but let me check with the rest of our team as after I'll get back to you on these questions alright?
After uninstalling this add-on I get this error

Error: Class 'ThemeHouse\XLink\App' not found src/XF.php:361
This happens after uninstalling XLink and XPress from both WordPress and XenForo?
@Dalton Prock I need just to sync users between a specific UG in xenforo and Wordpress. i don't need to sync all the users but only the ones in that UG. Is that possible with XPress lite or do I've to buy the full XPress? I don't need any other function but this one of sync users.
Let me double check on this and then I'll get back to you.

The error indicates that you didn't uninstall it on WordPress.
I forgot the url of the WordPress blog and the login data so I can’t access the site sadly.
Can I do something else to uninstall it?

Edit: I remember the url again, but when I enter it, i see this error
An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

Last edited:

XenForo Guest Page Cache if you're using the XPress theme, otherwise use any you'd like.

No integration with XenForo search, just a tabbed search experience to switch between WordPress and XenForo search.

I need just to sync users between a specific UG in xenforo and Wordpress. i don't need to sync all the users but only the ones in that UG. Is that possible with XPress lite or do I've to buy the full XPress? I don't need any other function but this one of sync users.

XPress Lite doesn't sync any users, it allows one to log into one platform with the other platforms account details and creates an account on demand. XPress doesn't require a full account sync either, can create accounts on demand too.

I filed a ticket yesterday, hope to get a response soon
Still with the 404 error when linking the platforms.
I found the following error In internal_data/xlink_error (domian.com is just an example domain, not my actual domain)
Did any of you guys figure out a solution to the 404 XLink error? I'm getting the same, with the issue seeming like it relates the the "rest_route" part of the call being made to Wordpress.

Edit: It seems like it's a problem with a call the Wordpress API. In a previous version of XPress prior to XLink I didn't experience this problem and the connection between XF and WP worked well.

Edit: This seems to be the underlying problem:

<b>Fatal error</b>: Uncaught Error: Class 'XF' not found in /var/www/html/wp_blog/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/front-page.php:18

Has anyone else experienced the Class 'XF' not found in ...front-page.php:18 before?

The line in question in that file is:

XPress::app()->registry()->set('xpress', array_merge($registryValues, ['title' => \XF: phrase('thxpress_home')]));

Last edited:
Top Bottom