XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

even without he backpacks, it still does not work --

Exception: Client error: POST https://www.mydomain.com/?xf_user=1&rest_route=%2Fxpress%2Fv1%2Fsettings&rest_key=testpw resulted in a 404 Not Found response: {"code":"rest_no_route","message":"No route was found matching the URL and request method","data":{"status":404}} in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php at line 79
  1. ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Platform->callAPI() insrc/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Platform.php at line 71
  2. ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Platform->syncSettingsToRemote() insrc/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/Admin/Controller/Platform.php at line 190
  3. ThemeHouse\XLink\Admin\Controller\Platform->actionSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  4. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
  5. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
  8. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  9. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

the diff files that made the difference.
If you want the edited files, let me know

Attachments

the diff files that made the difference.
If you want the edited files, let me know

unfortunately still the same 404 error as before, even with the patch.

Any themehouse folks want to guess what is happening? I will just file a ticket I guess....

Good luck with that. Themehouse looks like an abandoned ship.
Brutal.

Glances at 100k tickets resolved

XPress is a tough product to support due to the problem it is trying to solve. We have over 300 sites using it live right now. Your site (speaking generically) not being compatible or even just tough to setup is something we can never write enough code to solve every situation. We focus on what I would call typical setups. Not to say there have not been bugs, but doing the best we can.

Appreciate the support! ;)

Brutal.

Glances at 100k tickets resolved

XPress is a tough product to support due to the problem it is trying to solve. We have over 300 sites using it live right now. Your site (speaking generically) not being compatible or even just tough to setup is something we can never write enough code to solve every situation. We focus on what I would call typical setups. Not to say there have not been bugs, but doing the best we can.

Appreciate the support! ;)

hi mike, thanks for the reply!

in my case, the setup doesn't seem too exotic -- running ubuntu 18.04 with stock LEMP,I upgraded xf from 1.5 -> 2.1, and Wordpress to the very latest 5.2.3... followed the Xlink and xpress guide to the letter, and still getting that REST 404.

I filed a ticket yesterday, hope to get a response soon, but the bigger issue is that troubleshooting this add-on is challenging, b/c the error logs aren't helpful. I realize it is is challenging considering what the add-on is trying to do isn't easy...

Thanks to you both. Definitely create a ticket and we can take a look. We are moving to a different support and pricing system just for this product. Due to its popularity and it's unique needs we will be including installation in the base price, but the base price is going up as well.

Thanks to you both. Definitely create a ticket and we can take a look. We are moving to a different support and pricing system just for this product. Due to its popularity and it's unique needs we will be including installation in the base price, but the base price is going up as well.
makes total sense. Xlink is definitely ambitious, I can see why it would require a different support model. My biggest concern (once we get it working, of course!) is with upgrades -- the fear that a point release of WP or XF is going to break something with the add-on.

Hi, I have a WP website with Xlink / Xpress for Xenforo for some time now. My team is currently thinking of establishing another website - some kind of sister page to what we have - which should have it's one dedicated visual identity and content but use the same sign on as what we have already.
Could anyone possibly suggest what the best course of action would be? I assume another WP instance on the same server also paired with Xlink / Xenforo would rather cause a lot of problems?

XLink allows you to hook up as many WordPress instances as you wish, provided they all operate on the same main domain and server.

XLink allows you to hook up as many WordPress instances as you wish, provided they all operate on the same main domain and server.

Oh wow, I did not expect that. So I could indeed use Xlink to link multiple Wordpress instances and run different sites with the same userbase (all based on Xenforo registration)?

Oh wow, I did not expect that. So I could indeed use Xlink to link multiple Wordpress instances and run different sites with the same userbase (all based on Xenforo registration)?

Yup, that's one of the main purposes of XLink. Handling multiple remote platforms, regardless of their type.

Still with the 404 error when linking the platforms. XF 2.1.4, WP 5.2.3, XLink 1.0.5 and XPress 1.1.3 Patch Level 1

As you can see, using the rest API Key. Fresh installations of XF and WP. The hosting is the typical shared hosting (Dreamhost) with PHP 7.2

1571069543960.webp

Is there some desired scenarios in which this addon effectively works as smooth as possible?

Getting a TON of these errors

• Error: Class 'ThemeHouse\XLink\File' not found
  • src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/APIException.php:23
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Oct 14, 2019 at 1:33 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php(81): ThemeHouse\XLink\APIException->__construct('Insights', Object(GuzzleHttp\Exception\ClientException))
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Account.php(180): ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Account->callAPI('/xpress/v1/user...', Array)
#2 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/Entity/AccountLink.php(73): ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Account->getRemoteStatistics()
#3 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/Job/GetRemoteUserStatistics.php(79): ThemeHouse\XLink\Entity\AccountLink->refreshRemoteStats()
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): ThemeHouse\XLink\Job\GetRemoteUserStatistics->run(G)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#7 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#8 {main}

Same error as @dethfire with the latest XP & XL releases:

• Error: Class 'ThemeHouse\XLink\File' not found
  • src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/APIException.php:23
  • Generado por: Admin
  • 14 Octubre 2019 a la(s) 22:25
Seguimiento
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php(81): ThemeHouse\XLink\APIException->__construct('FABridge', Object(GuzzleHttp\Exception\ClientException))
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Platform.php(71): ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Platform->callAPI('/xpress/v1/sett...', Array, 'POST', false)
#2 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/Admin/Controller/Platform.php(190): ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Platform->syncSettingsToRemote()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): ThemeHouse\XLink\Admin\Controller\Platform->actionSave(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('ThemeHouse\\XLin...', 'Save', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\XLink\Admin\Controller\Platform), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\XLink\Admin\Controller\Platform), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#9 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#10 {main}

------------------------------------

And for what I see in the code is just a controller to print more useful (I hope) info for the error, not even addressing the error (and even that isn't working due the missing File). What I see here is a lack of professionalism with the release management. Sorry, but this is frustrating. I can't be able to promote this addon to even test environments, and this is not the first time. I'm moving to other solutions.

Add the following to the top of src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/ApiException.php below the namespace declaration:
Code:
use XF\Util\File;

We've hotfixed the download.

For the future, please open a ticket for issues, we can't always provide support in threads.

Last edited:
unfortunately the updates didn't help here either, same 404 error, it can't create the new link, there is no route found...

45.x.x.xx - - [14/Oct/2019:23:04:37 -0400] "POST /?xf_user=1&rest_route=%2Fxpress%2Fv1%2Fsettings&rest_key=retest HTTP/1.1" 404 124 "-" "XenForo/2.x (https://www.domain.com/community)"

the thing that is baffling to me is that this is with a fully stock ubuntu 18.04, stock ngnix/php-fcgi, WP, and XF -- this is about vanilla as possible, not sure where it is going wrong...

Top Bottom