XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Is there a way to modify promoted threads (now articles) to use the wordpress block system? Essentially the use case is: You promote a thread to a wordpress post, however it is formatted as a forum post, not an article. Would like to then be able to go into the Wordpress side and edit the blocks/styling/headers etc. without changing the thread.

Is this possible? Or any recommendation how to accomplish. Have tried but it appears when I change the wordpress post to block system and edit the formatting none of it works.

Also tried taking the content and posting as a new wordpress post but couldn't find a way to link back to the original thread. This could be an alternative is there's a way to link new WP posts to existing XF threads to avoid duplicate content.

Is there a way to modify promoted threads (now articles) to use the wordpress block system? Essentially the use case is: You promote a thread to a wordpress post, however it is formatted as a forum post, not an article. Would like to then be able to go into the Wordpress side and edit the blocks/styling/headers etc. without changing the thread.

Is this possible? Or any recommendation how to accomplish. Have tried but it appears when I change the wordpress post to block system and edit the formatting none of it works.

Also tried taking the content and posting as a new wordpress post but couldn't find a way to link back to the original thread. This could be an alternative is there's a way to link new WP posts to existing XF threads to avoid duplicate content.

Believe I figured out the second part of this, was able to post new WP posts and link them to the existing threads so appears to be solved.

Unrelated - Is there a way to make all articles on the home page look like featured articles? E.g Have the 4 featured articles at the top, but then the standard article listing, instead of showing the title, description etc. under the image, show it on top of it like the features?

I just purchased Xpress for a new site that is being hosted by SiteGround. SiteGround's tools had all sorts of problems getting WP to work in a subfolder (sort of unbelievably...) but XenForo went into a different subfolder without any issues at all.

The folks at ThemeHouse installed Xpress for us on the same day we purchased it. That went smoothly and was a pleasant surprise. The next day, we discovered problems with the WP install. That involved uninstalling and reinstalling WP several times before we could convince SiteGround's advanced technical support that the problem was on their end.

Once that was working, I got back to customer support at ThemeHouse and told them what had happened. I expected to be charged another installation fee but, nope, they said "Don't worry! Everyone needs support." They logged in and sorted it all out. They've been just as fast and pleasant when responding to my questions.

I've got a lifetime in software and could certainly have figured this out and installed it all myself but my goal was to get this stuff done as quickly as possible this week. ThemeHouse made that happen and I greatly appreciate their superb technical support.

In all honesty, this has been some of them of response tech support I've seen in a long time. Kudos to ThemeHouse!!!

ThemeHouse updated XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.3 released!

Changes:
  • Custom Post Types can now be manually enabled in the WordPress configuration (see documentation for more information).
  • Added a number of filters and hooks for easier extension (see documentation for more information).
  • Now sending all hooks, filters and API endpoints through the XenForo class proxy for easier extension (see documentation for more information).
  • Resolved an issue that prevented users from being logged out of WordPress if they logged out of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: CJ6
since I've installed the new version Xlink can't find the WP platform:

Exception: Client error: POST https://www.*******.com/?xf_user=1&rest_route=%2Fxpress%2Fv1%2Fsettings&rest_key=********* resulted in a 404 Not Found response: {"code":"rest_no_route","message":"Nessun percorso fornisce una corrispondenza tra l'URL e le modalit\u00e0 di richiesta (truncated...) in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php at line 79
  1. ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Platform->callAPI() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Platform.php at line 71
  2. ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Platform->syncSettingsToRemote() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/Admin/Controller/Platform.php at line 190
  3. ThemeHouse\XLink\Admin\Controller\Platform->actionSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  4. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 244
  5. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
  8. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  9. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Having a frustrating time with this tonight, running the latest version of XF, Wordpress, XPress and Xlink.
All plugins are active on the Wordpress and XF side, and I've even used the REST password trick in the conf files for both, still getting this error, every time I try to create a new platform link:

Exception: Client error: POST https://www.mydomain.org/?xf_user=1&rest_route=%2Fxpress%2Fv1%2Fsettings&rest_key=%60testpassword%60 resulted in a 404 Not Found response: {"code":"rest_no_route","message":"No route was found matching the URL and request method","data":{"status":404}} in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php at line 79

using Nginx and php 7.2fpm if it matters....

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Having a frustrating time with this tonight, running the latest version of XF, Wordpress, XPress and Xlink.
All plugins are active on the Wordpress and XF side, and I've even used the REST password trick in the conf files for both, still getting this error, every time I try to create a new platform link:

Exception: Client error: POST https://www.mydomain.org/?xf_user=1&rest_route=%2Fxpress%2Fv1%2Fsettings&rest_key=%60testpassword%60 resulted in a 404 Not Found response: {"code":"rest_no_route","message":"No route was found matching the URL and request method","data":{"status":404}} in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php at line 79

using Nginx and php 7.2fpm if it matters....

any help would be greatly appreciated!

we spent a full day fixing that, I'll post what we've done in a bit

Make sure to check our troubleshooting documentation. Also, your API key contains invalid characters. It has to be alphanumeric only.
unfortunately the guide was unhelpful in this case - for. a 404 error, it just says to make sure both plugins are working on the XF/WP sides (they are), and if the link still isn't being made, try the password trick. Neither worked!

My API key is just a single word -- testpassword
No exotic characters (even after changing it again, same error...)

My API key is just a single word -- testpassword
No exotic characters (even after changing it again, same error...)

The error you posted above shows, that your API key includes backticks at the start and end. They're htmlencoded to %60.

Make sure to check our troubleshooting documentation. Also, your API key contains invalid characters. It has to be alphanumeric only.
just some more data, the Nginx log:

71.193.xxx.xxx - - [11/Oct/2019:05:38:12 -0400] "POST /community/admin.php?xlink/platforms/7/save HTTP/2.0" 500 766 "https://www.mydomain/community/admin.php?xlink/platforms/7/edit" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.0.2 Safari/605.1.15"

The error you posted above shows, that your API key includes backticks at the start and end. They're htmlencoded to %60.
even without he backpacks, it still does not work --

Exception: Client error: POST https://www.mydomain.com/?xf_user=1&rest_route=%2Fxpress%2Fv1%2Fsettings&rest_key=testpw resulted in a 404 Not Found response: {"code":"rest_no_route","message":"No route was found matching the URL and request method","data":{"status":404}} in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php at line 79
  1. ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Platform->callAPI() insrc/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Platform.php at line 71
  2. ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Platform->syncSettingsToRemote() insrc/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/Admin/Controller/Platform.php at line 190
  3. ThemeHouse\XLink\Admin\Controller\Platform->actionSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  4. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
  5. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
  8. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  9. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom