XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Thank you very much for even attempting this add-on, I suspect it's a very difficult challenge and this must be one of the most ambitious add-ons. Well done.

I purchased on Monday, with the Installation service. ThemeHouse kindly installed the plugin for me and have been very responsive via the ticket system.

Unfortunately, despite the professional ThemeHouse installation - it just doesn't seem to work as it should for me.

I figure the below video would best demonstrate the issues I'm encountering around login, comments not syncing, logged in members unable to comment via wordpress.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you think these issues can be resolved?, Of course I'd love the add-on to work but if not, I'm sure you'll appreciate I'll need to request this;

I'd be thrilled if we can just get it working for the single login (XenForo accounts) and the ability to comment beneath wordpress articles with XenForo accounts.

(To add, I also I thought the Xenforo Thread (Default) Comment display would work on my existing Wordpress Theme (after I read here - 'Any theme at all should work, the default or a third-party theme') - only to later be told XPress 'You cannot use the embedded thread view if you do not use the XPress theme' - I had hoped XenForo Thread Comment display would be beneath my Wordpress Articles with my current theme - perhaps I misread, perhaps this could be more clear?)

Thanks
I'm having the exact same problem. How can I fix it? I don't the feature image as thread cover. Disabling it in the UI.X Style Option doesn't change anything, it is still there. How can we fix that? Thanks!
Just checked and I see two tickets from you two. Lukas is also in contact with you both on these issues as well.

I have a problem with the replies to a specific comment on WP: they don't appear as a quote on the forums, meaning you don't understand who's replying to whom. On WP I'm not using the Xpress theme. Any ideas?
Hey Diretur, sorry for the late reply on this. Please go ahead and create a ticket on themehouse.com so we can take a closer look in what might be going on.

For the team's activity, they are potentially on vacation. ;)
..or may be the complete team is working down a job of a bigger scale, like they already did this year. Be patient or open a ticket on their site, please.

Ha, really? 🤔
The idea of a forum is that maybe somebody had the same issue and has already solved it. It saves time to the developers and to the customers, you know?
Bottom line - the decision is up to them, where they provide support. Themehouse asks their customers frequently to open a ticket on their site.

I can't get this add-on to work with Nginx and PHP-FPM. Whenever I attempt to make a platform link, I get an error regarding the function getallheaders which doesn't exist with PHP FPM.

I can't get this add-on to work with Nginx and PHP-FPM. Whenever I attempt to make a platform link, I get an error regarding the function getallheaders which doesn't exist with PHP FPM.

Make sure you're using the latest version, this function is no longer used as far as I'm aware

Last edited:
I am seeing some links at the bottom of my posts which appear to be related to Xpress widgets and my forum.

I would like to get rid of it, I have removed the Xpress widget in Wordpress but I still see the links.

Any ideas would be welcome

One of the posts can be found here:

Attachments

• Post xpress.webp
    Post xpress.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 12
I am seeing some links at the bottom of my posts which appear to be related to Xpress widgets and my forum.

I would like to get rid of it, I have removed the Xpress widget in Wordpress but I still see the links.

Any ideas would be welcome

One of the posts can be found here:

This looks like you're using the embedded thread option for WordPress comments without the XPress Theme. This is generally not supported out of the box, and would require custom styling, or otherwise you'll end up with unstructured elements like the ones visible in your screenshot.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software (long story) and am now up to linking platform, when I try to save I'm seeing a woops error message: Navigation IDs must be unique. The specified ID is already in use

Can this be used as a membership plugin to control access to wordpress pages?

I have a wordpress site that I want to add a community to, and have restricted wordpress content for specific usergroups in the community.

For example downloadable content and videos.

I've been looking at lots of different WP membership plugins and lots of native forum add ons and I'm not sure the best way of doing this. I'm wondering if going for a full XF forums and bridge might work?

The other consideration is that further down the line we want to potentially sell downloadable content or tickets, so I don't know if a dedicated WP membership plugin would be best that, or if this bridge will allow usergroups to have permissions to purchase products in Woocommerce?

XPress allows you to set up what we call promotion rules, with which you can auto-promote users on WordPress if they meet your defined user criteria in XenForo.

We have planned to add support for remote user group criteria for a future, so XenForo user promotions could be set up to work the other way round, but this is not supported at the moment.

Just as it says, the account that the thread has been created with does not have a WordPress account associated with it, and XPress was not able to create one on the fly due to some circumstances, such as - for example but not only - lack of email address for the account or an invalid character in email or username.

Just as it says, the account that the thread has been created with does not have a WordPress account associated with it, and XPress was not able to create one on the fly due to some circumstances, such as - for example but not only - lack of email address for the account or an invalid character in email or username.
Thanks that has been resolved. But after I tried to promote a thread as an article, this is the error that I got:

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] strtolower() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/BbCode/Renderer/WPHtml.php at line 169
  1. XF::handlePhpError()
  2. strtolower() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/BbCode/Renderer/WPHtml.php at line 169
  3. ThemeHouse\XPress\BbCode\Renderer\WPHtml->renderTagAttach()
  4. call_user_func() in src/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php at line 295
  5. XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTag() in src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php at line 61
  6. XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderSubTree() in src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php at line 37
  7. XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderAst() in src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php at line 20
  8. XF\BbCode\Traverser->render() in src/XF/SubContainer/BbCode.php at line 219
  9. XF\SubContainer\BbCode->render() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php at line 49
  10. ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionThxpressPromoteToArticle() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
  15. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  16. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

I tried promoting threads earlier on and it went through. Please what could have went wrong?

this is a feature I'm also very interested in
I've made it working by myself:
Change \wp-content\plugins\wp-xpress-plugin\src\XPress.php:
PHP:
if (!class_exists('\XPress')) {

if (!defined('XPRESS_COMPATIBLE_POST_TYPES')) {

define('XPRESS_COMPATIBLE_POST_TYPES', ['post', 'addons']);

}

change 'addons' with your custom posttype.

Top Bottom