XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

We have released an updated package for XPress on July 25th to resolve that issue. It's available for download on the themehouse client area.

I purchased this on day one. At that time, when I promoted the thread, it auto created an article that was instantly live and attributed the article to my account.

I wanted to click a user thread and promote their thread to the front page as an article, keeping the attribution to them. That is, promote my users content in a featured manner leaving them with credit.

I don't have a demo space setup at the moment. Is that the current work flow or what happens if I want to feature a user's thread?

Desperately need a blog system like Better Blogs. I'm reading this and I guess I'm a little confused, so I have a few questions.

1. Does this allow for users to have their own 'blogs'? If not, is it possible?
2. Does this allow for users to customize the appearance of their blog posts (beyond what is in the text editor)? If not, is it possible?
3. Does this addon bridge between each users already existing wordpress blog or is it just one wordpress blog that they're all able to post to? Again, if not, is it possible?

My users value customization above all else, so I would appreciate your insight.

Thank you and I apologize if these questions don't make sense or are just dumb. I'm honestly not super familiar with Wordpress. The blogs issue is one of the few things holding me back from upgrading to XF2.

Reactions: the
1. Does this allow for users to have their own 'blogs'? If not, is it possible?

This add-on bridges XenForo with WordPress. WordPress isn't meant as user blogging system out of the box. You may be able to achieve such a system with the help of 3rd party plugins, but there's no guarantee from our end for that.

2. Does this allow for users to customize the appearance of their blog posts (beyond what is in the text editor)? If not, is it possible?

No.

3. Does this addon bridge between each users already existing wordpress blog or is it just one wordpress blog that they're all able to post to? Again, if not, is it possible?

You may potentially connect multiple WordPress instances with XPress, but for each one you'll need administrator access. Users themselves cannot connect a new platform.

We have released an updated package for XPress on July 25th to resolve that issue. It's available for download on the themehouse client area.

Still getting hundreds of error per minute once the platform link is setup. Tested with PHP-FPM off and no errors. Guess the issue still exists.
It's probably best that I just keep them separate. I would hate to get tied to an add-on that is having problems working from the get go.

2019-08-14_12-29-55.webp

A http error 500 could be virtually anything, so that error is pretty meaningless on its own. If you can provide us with the actual error message from your server, we can investigate further. The previously crashing issue for php-fpm was a function that was not available on non-apache php versions, which we have now provided a polyfill function for, so the issue has been fully resolved.

A http error 500 could be virtually anything, so that error is pretty meaningless on its own. If you can provide us with the actual error message from your server, we can investigate further. The previously crashing issue for php-fpm was a function that was not available on non-apache php versions, which we have now provided a polyfill function for, so the issue has been fully resolved.

With PHP-FPM off it works fine with no errors. Either way I've decided to not use this add-on on this site. I'm sure it works great for most sites. I may try using it on a site not running PHP-FPM.

Last edited:
With PHP-FPM off it works fine with no errors. Either way I've decided to not use this add-on on this site. I'm sure it works great for most sites. I may try using it on a site not running PHP-FPM.
Sounds like your WordPress XPress plugin is not up-to-date then.

Sounds like your WordPress XPress plugin is not up-to-date then.

I download the latest Xpress and Xlink yesterday or the day before and did a fresh install of both. I'm going to run it on another site that doesn't use PHP-FPM anyway.

Could you check your error log for a more meaningful error? The one provided earlier doesn’t really tell us much other than there was some error on the API call. Should be something else logged somewhere

Thank you very much for even attempting this add-on, I suspect it's a very difficult challenge and this must be one of the most ambitious add-ons. Well done.

I purchased on Monday, with the Installation service. ThemeHouse kindly installed the plugin for me and have been very responsive via the ticket system.

Unfortunately, despite the professional ThemeHouse installation - it just doesn't seem to work as it should for me.

I figure the below video would best demonstrate the issues I'm encountering around login, comments not syncing, logged in members unable to comment via wordpress.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you think these issues can be resolved?, Of course I'd love the add-on to work but if not, I'm sure you'll appreciate I'll need to request this;

If the issue is due to custom add-ons, customizations, or server configuration we will offer a full refund if reported here within 30 days. ThemeHouse is at the sole discretion on refunds and you must allow us time to help fix the issue.

I'd be thrilled if we can just get it working for the single login (XenForo accounts) and the ability to comment beneath wordpress articles with XenForo accounts.

(To add, I also I thought the Xenforo Thread (Default) Comment display would work on my existing Wordpress Theme (after I read here - 'Any theme at all should work, the default or a third-party theme') - only to later be told XPress 'You cannot use the embedded thread view if you do not use the XPress theme' - I had hoped XenForo Thread Comment display would be beneath my Wordpress Articles with my current theme - perhaps I misread, perhaps this could be more clear?)

Thanks

Last edited:
I want to cancel featured article image feature. From setting page, although I deselect this option, but thread cover image does still existed.

Could you please check it ?

View attachment 207192

I'm having the exact same problem. How can I fix it? I don't the feature image as thread cover. Disabling it in the UI.X Style Option doesn't change anything, it is still there. How can we fix that? Thanks!

I have a problem with the replies to a specific comment on WP: they don't appear as a quote on the forums, meaning you don't understand who's replying to whom. On WP I'm not using the Xpress theme. Any ideas?

is anyone taking care at all of this (expensive) plugin?

Expensive ?

Do you realize the work done ? A bridge project of this type involves about forty to sixty hours of work.

You take the average hourly rate of a PHP developer and you will see if it is expensive ...

I have the chance to work with ThemeHouse on several projects, they are very professional and as he explains above, the problems are very often due to poorly configured web servers (apache2/nginx/litespeed), PHP modules, deprecated functions.

As I said several months ago, before fully adhering to a product, we look at its maturity, its support and the teams that work on the product before the integration (opensource community or dedicated team) and above all we test it before the production integration.

I have a test instance to date (I am waiting for specific developments) before integrating it into production and Xpress improves over time (like good wine;))

Expensive ?

Do you realize the work done ? A bridge project of this type involves about forty to sixty hours of work.

You take the average hourly rate of a PHP developer and you will see if it is expensive ...

I have the chance to work with ThemeHouse on several projects, they are very professional and as he explains above, the problems are very often due to poorly configured web servers (apache2/nginx/litespeed), PHP modules, deprecated functions.

As I said several months ago, before fully adhering to a product, we look at its maturity, its support and the teams that work on the product before the integration (opensource community or dedicated team) and above all we test it before the production integration.

I have a test instance to date (I am waiting for specific developments) before integrating it into production and Xpress improves over time (like good wine;))

I have bought 2 instances of this plugin and many other TH products (included a custom modification, where I paid the developer by myself), for your information, so I am not the one who's not supporting good coding.

BUT this plugin has some issues when you're not using its WP theme, and TH knows it (duplicated comments, for example). What I see is that TH takes some time to reply to this thread, not only to me. When I buy a plugin the first thing I do is going to the discussion to see if people are happy, if the developer responds, and so on. Now, read the latest posts above this and see by yourself.

Top Bottom