XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

The link will cease to exist.
I see. Is it technically impossible to add this function? I saw a post from one of your devs where he said that even merging one WP post with an existing XF thread is kinda wonky so I wonder would multiple posts not work at all or is that just something you’re not considering to add as an feature for this add-on?

Hi,
with xlink installed the comments on WP are duplicated, but not on the forum.
What happens:
  1. If I post a comment on XF, the comment will be synchronized with WP. No problem.
  2. If I post a comment on WP, the comment will be synchronized with XF. And WP sort of thinks that somebody posted a new comment on XF, and posts it for the second time at the end of the comments list.
Any idea why?

We need the actual error message as well, please.
Any update on this?
We're still getting a couple of those those errors logged every week which is quite annoying.

Another Error:
Code:
Exception: Sorry, comments are closed for this item. src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php:78
Generated by: xxx Jul 17, 2019 at 3:17 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Entity.php(460): ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Entity->callAPI('/wp/v2/comments', Array, 'POST', false)
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Entity/Post.php(34): ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Entity->createComment(Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\Post))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1208): ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Entity\Post->_postSave()
#3 src/XF/Service/Thread/Replier.php(167): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#4 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(40): XF\Service\Thread\Replier->_save()
#5 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(461): XF\Service\Thread\Replier->save()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'AddReply', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#10 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}
[/quote]

In the SERPS the date of my posts show up. Any idea how to remove it?
View attachment 206830
In the SERPS the date of my posts show up. Any idea how to remove it?
View attachment 206830
Hi,
with xlink installed the comments on WP are duplicated, but not on the forum.
What happens:
  1. If I post a comment on XF, the comment will be synchronized with WP. No problem.
  2. If I post a comment on WP, the comment will be synchronized with XF. And WP sort of thinks that somebody posted a new comment on XF, and posts it for the second time at the end of the comments list.
Any idea why?
To better assist you both with these questions, please go ahead and create a ticket on our support portal. From there one of our helpful team members will be in further contact.

Any update on this?
We're still getting a couple of those those errors logged every week which is quite annoying.

Another Error:
Code:
Exception: Sorry, comments are closed for this item. src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php:78
Generated by: xxx Jul 17, 2019 at 3:17 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Entity.php(460): ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Entity->callAPI('/wp/v2/comments', Array, 'POST', false)
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Entity/Post.php(34): ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Entity->createComment(Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\Post))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1208): ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Entity\Post->_postSave()
#3 src/XF/Service/Thread/Replier.php(167): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#4 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(40): XF\Service\Thread\Replier->_save()
#5 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(461): XF\Service\Thread\Replier->save()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'AddReply', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#10 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}
[/quote]
No update on this yet but it has been reported on our issue tracker.

More errors that do get logged every now and then (both logged ~ 30 times since Friday):

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: wp:term src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteEntity/Post.php:112
Generated by: Unknown account Jul 23, 2019 at 10:43 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteEntity/Post.php(112): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 112, Array)
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/Mvc/RemoteEntity.php(59): ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteEntity\Post->getTags()
#2 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(27): ThemeHouse\XLink\Mvc\RemoteEntity->__get('tags')
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#9 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#10 {main}

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteEntity/Post.php:115
Generated by: Unknown account Jul 23, 2019 at 10:43 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteEntity/Post.php(115): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Inv...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 115, Array)
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/Mvc/RemoteEntity.php(59): ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteEntity\Post->getTags()
#2 src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(27): ThemeHouse\XLink\Mvc\RemoteEntity->__get('tags')
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#9 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#10 {main}

Any update on this?
Reply by ThemeHouse:
"Nothing we can tackle. They'll have to make sure themselves that when they close WordPress comments with comment sync enabled, to close the XF thread as well and vice versa. "

Of course you could!

You could either 1) Close the thread as well (after all that's the point of keeping 2 systems in sync) or 2) Do not log this error.

Is there is anyone running this plugin with nginx+php-fpm?

The latest version just creates lots of errors but beyond that, we have a problem that after activating plugin on wordpress side, we can't able to login the wordpress admin panel afterwards. Every time something just unsets all cookies. And when we're trying to login, it just redirects us without logging in.

We even tried with fresh installation of Wordpress. Checked our nginx configs, no problem.

Talked with support this issue more than a 3 months. They said that the problem is on our side, because something clears all cookies on wordpress side.

We paid 70-80 USD (i didn't remember) months ago and didn't able to use it even 1 day.

The latest version just creates lots of errors but beyond that, we have a problem that after activating plugin on wordpress side, we can't able to login the wordpress admin panel afterwards. Every time something just unsets all cookies. And when we're trying to login, it just redirects us without logging in.

We even tried with fresh installation of Wordpress. Checked our nginx configs, no problem.

Talked with support this issue more than a 3 months. They said that the problem is on our side, because something clears all cookies on wordpress side.

We paid 70-80 USD (i didn't remember) months ago and didn't able to use it even 1 day.
something similar happened to me, I paid for the plugin and I didn't get a good support after finding some problems.
Now I have the plugin purchased but removed it from the website
I've also always been told that the problem was with my server.

but I hope I can give him a new lease again.

Due to the vast differences in your server, WordPress, and XenForo, we charge for specifically looking into each individual server. The plugin as is is working out of the box for about 80% or so, that number is higher for what I'd call a vanilla setup of WP and XF. If there are some concerns with support, I definitely want to know what we can do better. Sometimes our hands are tied on these issues.

Due to the vast differences in your server, WordPress, and XenForo, we charge for specifically looking into each individual server. The plugin as is is working out of the box for about 80% or so, that number is higher for what I'd call a vanilla setup of WP and XF. If there are some concerns with support, I definitely want to know what we can do better. Sometimes our hands are tied on these issues.
I was thinking about Nginx

Can I preserve the current Wordpress theme and just install this bridge to link users only? I don't want both platforms to share the same style/theme

Doesn't work with php-fpm. I was waiting for it to be fixed in the next release but I may just give up on this add-on. My access to download updates expires soon and I'm probably not going to renew it.

I'll follow up on this right now, how long has this impacted your ability to use the add-on? Please create a ticket at themehouse.com and tag me in the title and I'll get your license extended appropriately if this issue has affected you

I'll follow up on this right now, how long has this impacted your ability to use the add-on? Please create a ticket at themehouse.com and tag me in the title and I'll get your license extended appropriately if this issue has affected you

Unfortunately, we (as website) didn't able to use it even one day.

Our problem is with cookies. When we activate the Xpress/XLink plugin on Wordpress side, we can't able to login into admin panel.

We talked with support and they said something just clears all cookies when we're clicking log-in button on /wp-admin or /wp-login. They said the problem is on our side. We enter our username and password, clicking "Log-In" button. Wordpress redirects us to homepage, without logging in.

I checked all nginx configs, no problem.
I checked databases on both side, no problem.
Using cloudflare but disabled, currently just using it just for their DNS service.
Deleted all xenforo and wordpress files, re-uploaded them.
Made a clean installation of Wordpress. With full clean database. Problem still exists.

So we (as website) decided to disable and delete plugin. Bridge is something we urgently need, and the only option in the market is your plugin but unfortunately we can't able to use it :/ You can check the latest ticket we opened on themehouse.com. Ticket ID: #14148

If you want, I can open up ticket with your name tagged.

Any help will be appreciated,
Thanks very much,
Berkin

Top Bottom