XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

So just a minor issue I'm having. I connected the two apps and in my xenforo list it says the accounts are connected. On the wordpress side though it says there is no xenforo accounts connected and there isn't any password connected on the ported accounts.

Any idea whats going on?

So just a minor issue I'm having. I connected the two apps and in my xenforo list it says the accounts are connected. On the wordpress side though it says there is no xenforo accounts connected and there isn't any password connected on the ported accounts.

Any idea whats going on?
What do you have Remote login set to within the XPress platform?
So what is this now about XenWord and XPress?
You're referring to past posts?

What do you have Remote login set to within the XPress platform?

You're referring to past posts?
I have a license for XenWord that I used in the past. The creator of that adding mentioned XPress and XenWord. Would those who had XenWord licenses and as a result of not being able to use it anymore due to the author shutting down receive any discount? Is there a partnership?

I have a license for XenWord that I used in the past. The creator of that adding mentioned XPress and XenWord. Would those who had XenWord licenses and as a result of not being able to use it anymore due to the author shutting down receive any discount? Is there a partnership?
There's no discount or partnership, sorry.

I’m impressed with what I’ve seen so far, I’ll probably pick it up tomorrow. I read all 67 pages of posts, and bookmarked several for later use when I install, lol.

One question that comes up for me (not a dealbreaker): Can I link my Wordpress , XF and my mediawiki at the same time? My site is Wordpress in /blog, XF in /forum and mediawiki in /wiki.

One question that comes up for me (not a dealbreaker): Can I link my Wordpress , XF and my mediawiki at the same time? My site is Wordpress in /blog, XF in /forum and mediawiki in /wiki.

Sure can! You can even link multiple WordPress and MediaWiki installations to your XenForo!

Sure can! You can even link multiple WordPress and MediaWiki installations to your XenForo!
Nice! I’ll be spending some money tomorrow then! I happen to be in the middle of an overhaul, moving my Vbulletin forum into XF (and having Slavik do that, he’s more talented than I by far in the conversion stuff), and a parallel one on my Wordpress site, and I’ve been looking for a good cross-platform information sharing package. I’ve got Uix for my XF, and moving over to the Extra theme in Wordpress. The wiki has been languishing and waiting for me to start it up, so I’ll get that going too.

Hello, prepurchase questions....
I was asked to look at the possibility of integrating a non-profit's Wordpress site to utilize Xenforo for some forums. (I have another Xenforo site.) Their site has registered users (1000-5000, I think) and they want single sign-on for the forums. (The user's wordpress login uses the same login for the forums.)
1) From what it looks like, XPress and XLink will do this. Am I correct? The single sign-on.
2) During a user registration for Wordpress, does it also create the login for Xenforo?
3) Besides Xenforo and the XLink, are there any other licenses that must be purchased in order to get XPress to work?
4) Is it easy to import the current users from Wordpress? Or will all the users have to re-register?
5) Is installation pretty easy on a new installation of Xenforo? I want to test it all out before I make the recommendation to this non-profit. I can't afford the "professional installation" and I don't really think I need it if I am simply playing around in order to make the recommendation.

Sorry for the questions... I am still doing my homework.
Thanks

1) From what it looks like, XPress and XLink will do this. Am I correct? The single sign-on.
Yes.

2) During a user registration for Wordpress, does it also create the login for Xenforo?
XPress syncs strictly from XF to WP, so no. Turning on SSO will redirect all actions to XenForo however, so your users will have to register on XenForo, which will then create a WordPress account for them.

3) Besides Xenforo and the XLink, are there any other licenses that must be purchased in order to get XPress to work?
No. You need a XenForo instance and a copy of XPress. XLink comes free with XPress (see it as complementary add-on that creates a unified interface for our bridges).

4) Is it easy to import the current users from Wordpress? Or will all the users have to re-register?
You can import existing WP users into XF with the click of a button.

5) Is installation pretty easy on a new installation of Xenforo? I want to test it all out before I make the recommendation to this non-profit. I can't afford the "professional installation" and I don't really think I need it if I am simply playing around in order to make the recommendation.
For many users, install is as easy as plug and play. Sometimes, more complex server setups or third party plugins create complex situations however, that are time intensive to troubleshoot, hence why we created the professional install option.

Bridges are very complex products, which people unfortunately oftentimes confuse with (comparatively) simple add-ons, especially when installation seems easy, so keep that in mind.

Reactions: CJ6
That said, to accomodate those who simply cannot or do not want to work with the bridge, we are currently building a Featured Threads solution which we expect to have complete within the first few weeks of June. The benefit of Featured Threads will be that it will be plug and play like a standard add-on, and offer a similar** (not been decided on yet what it will look like) user experience. It will use threads of course, instead of WordPress posts (rather, it won't use Wordpress at all, just native XenForo tools).
Any news about this new addon @Mike Creuzer ?

Top Bottom