XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

Any way to demote/delink a post/thread? E.g you promoted a thread, now want to undo it? Or Change the post to be the parent in the relationship so the thread just points to the article? and doesn't hold all the content.

Anyone looking to purchase this, hit me up. I have ZERO intention of using this script and I still have an active license with 2 months left.

Anyone looking to purchase this, hit me up. I have ZERO intention of using this script and I still have an active license with 2 months left.
We don't allow the reselling or redistribution of licenses. If you would like please either reply to this thread or start a private conversation with me if you'd like to chat about why you aren't planning on using this product. Our team is always looking for ways to improve our products, so if there is anything that might be helpful moving forward, we'd love to know!

We don't allow the reselling or redistribution of licenses. If you would like please either reply to this thread or start a private conversation with me if you'd like to chat about why you aren't planning on using this product. Our team is always looking for ways to improve our products, so if there is anything that might be helpful moving forward, we'd love to know!

If change the url that is using the product, how can you tell me what site I can use it on?

And who said I was selling it? I was giving it away FREE.

I accidentially uninstalled the wp-xpress-plugin from WordPress and now after placing the folder back into the plugins directory it won't activate. WordPress says "Plugin Activated" and there are no errors in browser console, WP error log, or PHP error log related to the plugin. I can keep clicking Activate on the plugin but it just stays deactivated. XLink won't let me link wordpress because it's geting a 404 on the rest API response due to the plugin being deactivated. The plugin was working fine the first time it got installed but subsequent attempts to reinstall it won't fix the issue. What does the XF XPress plugin installation modify in WP besides adding that folder to wp-content/plugins?

Edit: Now it's magically working after restoring the 1.0.0 L5 version of the plugin, trying to activate that one (same problem with it now), and then putting back the 1.1.1 version.

Last edited:
I'm still battling getting this to work with my forum. Had my sysadmin look into the issues today ($$$), and am continuing with an open support ticket at Themehouse.

I'm hoping this gets resolved, seems like this has some great opportunity.

@Lukas W. any thoughts on respecting yoasts titles? I can't use the theme until then. Thanks!

I'm not sure in how far it doesn't respect Yoast titles. It's working as it should for me. XenForo - as on every other subpage - appends the board title to the URL. If you don't want it doubled, you'll need to remove it in Yoast.

I'm not sure in how far it doesn't respect Yoast titles. It's working as it should for me. XenForo - as on every other subpage - appends the board title to the URL. If you don't want it doubled, you'll need to remove it in Yoast.
What's being added to the end of every wordpress title is the XF "Board title". In my case it includes my site tagline for use on the homepage. I can't control that via yoast. In my opinion xpress doesn't need to be adding anything to the title. That should be controlled 100% in wordpress.

What's being added to the end of every wordpress title is the XF "Board title". In my case it includes my site tagline for use on the homepage. I can't control that via yoast. In my opinion xpress doesn't need to be adding anything to the title. That should be controlled 100% in wordpress.
XPress doesn't add anything to the title. The title gets piped into the native XenForo <xf:title> tag, as is necessary to display it in XenForo templates, and hence the Board Title gets appended by XenForo.

XPress doesn't add anything to the title. The title gets piped into the native XenForo <xf:title> tag, as is necessary to display it in XenForo templates, and hence the Board Title gets appended by XenForo.
hmmm is there a way to detect the wordpress title in XF template (or if it uses page_container, I can do a template check) so I can make a conditional for it?

Last edited:
Any way to demote/delink a post/thread? E.g you promoted a thread, now want to undo it? Or Change the post to be the parent in the relationship so the thread just points to the article? and doesn't hold all the content.

Didn't see this answered. I have manged to do this by removing the thread ID from the wp post, then trash the wp post itself.

Just to make our position clear,l thought I'd pop in. Bridges are quite complex, and there really isn't a one size fits all solution. We see the bridge now more as a service than as a standalone product. We will continue to sell the standalone product but support will be limited, its just not possible to debug every server or wordpress or xenforo addon to see where a conflict is. We've done dozens of successful XPress sites, so we can safely say the product has been performing as expected. But again, its just not going to work perfectly for everyone. It is also ideally used on simpler sites, or fresh sites, as those with complex addon lists or complex needs that have existed for a long time will simply fight to get XPress integrated. Which makes sense, its like adding in a new foundation to your house, just not going to always work as you might expect.

That said, to accomodate those who simply cannot or do not want to work with the bridge, we are currently building a Featured Threads solution which we expect to have complete within the first few weeks of June. The benefit of Featured Threads will be that it will be plug and play like a standard add-on, and offer a similar** (not been decided on yet what it will look like) user experience. It will use threads of course, instead of WordPress posts (rather, it won't use Wordpress at all, just native XenForo tools).

That said, to accomodate those who simply cannot or do not want to work with the bridge, we are currently building a Featured Threads solution which we expect to have complete within the first few weeks of June. The benefit of Featured Threads will be that it will be plug and play like a standard add-on, and offer a similar** (not been decided on yet what it will look like) user experience. It will use threads of course, instead of WordPress posts (rather, it won't use Wordpress at all, just native XenForo tools).

Compelling, particularly in the hope that upgrades to XF2.2 etc. would be simpler than dragging a wordpress installation along with it. A single database to backup, etc. My issue with these in the past, is they have never looked that sharp, they looked like a forum that was twisted into a late 90's news site instead of a modern blog with a forum extension of it. I think the biggest appeal to Wordpress, for me at least, is fit and finish of the wordpress experience. Since ThemeHouse are not just coders but also theme developers, I have high hopes you may be able to make a substitute which can solve this problem. I'm interested. Simple yet also a premium appearance?

Top Bottom