XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

/feed/ is working for me.

I've noticed that /search was not working - it's used as a breadcrumb when using the Search.

I've set a redirect to /forum/index.php?search/ but this should be fixed in an upcoming update please.

Syncing over a widget from wordpress to XF results in using generic block elements to style. Can a unique class be added to these elements so we can style the widget without also changing every other block element on the site? Also the widget when in sidebar does not inherit sidebar styling, it keeps the block styling.

XenForo interacts with WordPress via the WordPress API. If your server can't reach the WordPress API, or if the WordPress API can't identify the calls as coming from the same server, XPress will fail to interact with the API and throw the given error. If the URL you've entered in the platform settings is correct, a 404 normally means that WP failed to authenticate the call from coming from the same server, which for example happens if the call goes through a proxy such as cloudflare.

We strongly recommend to resolve that by configuring either your server or firewall in a way that lets the server make the call directly, as that'll also improve performance of the bridge, but if that should not be possible, you can bypass the verification by setting up an API password in both configurations instead, as I've outlined in this post.

I tried to define the API password and it work like a charm! Thx for the help, although I can't see why XPress should fail to talk to WordPress's API, when both running on the same server, and got a standard installation. How can I resolve this by configuring my server or firewall? How can this be a firewall-problem when it's solved by define a API-password? Sounds like authentication-problem to me? What is needed for the direct call from the one platform to the other within my server? The "PHP-user" needs some rights?

Hey! I couldn't find an answer to this question, so I am just asking now ;)

Is it possible to manually link an existing XF Thread to an existing Wordpress Post?

Upgrading to 1.1, and get this when trying to add the WP plugin. Also, the same problem with the 1.1 theme.

Destination folder already exists. /home/mysite/public_html/reviews/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/
Plugin installation failed

What's the best way to install the upgrade without breaking anything? I did a search of this thread, and couldn't find anything.

Upgrading to 1.1, and get this when trying to add the WP plugin. Also, the same problem with the 1.1 theme.

Destination folder already exists. /home/mysite/public_html/reviews/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugin/

What's the best way to install the upgrade without breaking anything? I did a search of this thread, and couldn't find anything.
1.1 come with many bugs, I am waiting for a update since many days and at last a delete it.

I have a external plugin that's making posts on wordpress in a custom taxonomie. After the update of this plugin (XPress) it won't make a topic on the xenforo forum about the wordpress post anymore. Is this easy to fix?

0IDLLea.png

@ThemeHouse

Syncing over a widget from wordpress to XF results in using generic block elements to style. Can a unique class be added to these elements so we can style the widget without also changing every other block element on the site? Also the widget when in sidebar does not inherit sidebar styling, it keeps the block styling.

Synced widgets use the same layout that all standard widgets are using. If you altered their layout in the templates, you need to adjust the XLink widget template as well.

Any concerns with the recent Xlink / Xpress versions and upgrading Xenforo to 2.1.1?
No concerns.

Is it possible to manually link an existing XF Thread to an existing Wordpress Post?
That is possible.

WordPress dashboard installation does not support updating plugins. You'll have to manually update it via FTP. There's various tutorials on the net for instructions. IF you're still having troubles, you can send us a ticket.

I have a external plugin that's making posts on wordpress in a custom taxonomie. After the update of this plugin (XPress) it won't make a topic on the xenforo forum about the wordpress post anymore. Is this easy to fix?

Due to their arbitrary nature, custom post types are not supported at the moment. We may add support in a future update, but no guarantee at this time. Someone posted a hack a few pages ago on how to add support manually, but you'll have to apply it with every update.

You can update/upgrade plugins without having to delete the old one.
Try this plugin: Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades.
I would actually not recommend updating plugin via ftp. If you do so, make sure ownership and permissions are not changed when overwriting old files...

I would actually not recommend updating plugin via ftp. If you do so, make sure ownership and permissions are not changed when overwriting old files...

WordPress just unzips the contents of the zip file you upload. On most default FTP clients, the result will therefor be exactly the same, especially if you update from a windows machine, which bluntly ignores linux file permissions to begin with.

WordPress dashboard installation does not support updating plugins. You'll have to manually update it via FTP. There's various tutorials on the net for instructions. IF you're still having troubles, you can send us a ticket.

Everything seemed to go well, except now instead of the Wordpress portion showing up, I show this in the front end menu:
thxlink_navtab_thx...

And this when I click on it:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'XF' not found in /home/mysite/public_html/reviews/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/front-page.php:18 Stack trace: #0 /home/mysite/public_html/reviews/wp-includes/template-loader.php(77): include() #1 /home/mysite/public_html/reviews/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/home/vapingan/...') #2 /home/mysite/public_html/reviews/index.php(17): require('/home/mysite/...') #3 {main} thrown in /home/mysite/public_html/reviews/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/front-page.php on line 18

Should I just revert to the original XPress WP theme I had before updating?

Last edited:
Top Bottom